U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 06:38 PM

Location: San Francisco/East Bay and Los Angeles, formerly DC and Boston
2,133 posts, read 3,416,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechlawyerinPG View Post
I much preferred living with guys versus women...there was always drama.
I live with just one woman now, but a few years ago spent 6 months as the only guy in a 4 person group house. When I lived with guys, the big debate was whether to play the PS2 or the Wii. When I lived with chicks, it was who had some of the Diet Coke that one roommate had taped her name to.

Also, nudity/showering was not that big a deal, but I had a girlfriend most of the time I lived there. The bigger issue was when one of them had to go #2. There were all sorts of diversionary tactics to prevent me from knowing this was occurring or in fact ever occurred. On one occasion, I brought up extra toilet paper when one of my roommates had food poisoning, and she tried to tell me afterwards she needed extra to blow her nose.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:41 PM

170 posts, read 513,201 times
This offtop thread isn't associated with Arlington or Virginia.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:10 PM

30,101 posts, read 67,182,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvasonicbloom View Post
This offtop thread isn't associated with Arlington or Virginia.
Ummm...yes, it is. I was searching ads on CraigsList and realized that there seemed to be more "WOMEN ONLY" ads here per capita than in other cities I checked for comparison purposes, which is why I wanted to know why DC women hated men. Now I see why.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:13 PM

170 posts, read 513,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
Ummm...yes, it is. I was searching ads on CraigsList and realized that there seemed to be more "WOMEN ONLY" ads here per capita than in other cities I checked for comparison purposes, which is why I wanted to know why DC women hated men. Now I see why.
What other large metropolitan areas did you research?

Old 08-17-2010, 08:14 PM

957 posts, read 1,933,908 times
When I lived in Indianapolis, I remember looking for a roommate and specifying FEMALE. I would have guys calling and asking if I was a lesbian. I was looking for a roommate, not a bed partner! It made you wonder if some of these guys thought having a female roommate, meant they got to sleep with you. It really is a safety issue more than anything.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:06 PM

2,187 posts, read 6,805,370 times
I think a lot of it is just craigslist. You post a roommate ad or an ad to sell your couch and you never know what crazy person is going to answer. There have to be better ways or sites to find good roommates! Maybe through your job? I see postings at my job all the time. I never had a roommate after college but most I just met through friends - several were placed with me when I was doing my internship at Disney. For the record, all the male roommates I have ever had were so much cleaner than the female ones! Regardless, I would imagine that the chances of a female being willing to have a male roommate would be a lot higher if the place you were living was like a 2 bedroom, 2 bath. I can't imagine many professionals wanting to share a bathroom...at least I wouldn't!

Good Luck with your search!

Old 01-27-2012, 10:34 PM

9,715 posts, read 18,355,234 times
Females prefer female roommates cause they dont have to worry about a guy hitting on them & they can run around in their panties & bras & have pillow fights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia