U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-15-2010, 11:16 PM
 
Location: Ethiopia
13 posts, read 22,204 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Hi my friends,

Currently I am going to Fairfax,VA in order to attend my Masters Program (JUst a week left), but I am going to stay in Arlington (So I will travel from Arlington to Fairfax everyday).

My girlfriend lives in Alexandria (She told me she is living in place called "MacQuest",a place in Alexandria for now) and she also told me it is near to Washington DC and I know that Arlington is also near to DC.

The reason I selected to learn in Fairfax was, before some months she was leaving with her family in Fairfax and since we wanted to be together in our life time, I selected Virginia International University to attend my program as well as to be with her. We have been separated like 6 months and with the help of GOD I got everything to go to her. But now everything changed, and she is coming to home country unless I am not going to meet her with in 3 weeks.

Please help me guys. How far Alexandria is far from Arlington. On some website I found that it is like 4 Km (which is very good for me) and on another site it says around 250 Km(which is so bad news for me) and now I am thinking there are two Alexandrias, is that right?

Please guys help me how to find her. I am going to leave my home country after a week, and any suggestions before that will be very helpful. I have a plan to meet her after one week of my arrive in USA,VA Arlington.

Regards,
Mati
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2010, 11:18 PM
 
Location: Polish Hill, Pittsburgh, PA
26,551 posts, read 47,232,923 times
Reputation: 11429
Arlington and Alexandria literally border each other. No worries!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2010, 11:36 PM
 
3,166 posts, read 4,281,016 times
Reputation: 1227
You can go to mapquest.com, put in two addresses and it will tell you how to get from one to the another, how long it takes, and how far apart they are.

Good luck to you and your lady!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Status: "I hate the holidays." (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Arlington, Virginia
15,225 posts, read 17,931,061 times
Reputation: 15981
Quote:
Originally Posted by coder4ever View Post
Hi my friends,

Currently I am going to Fairfax,VA in order to attend my Masters Program (JUst a week left), but I am going to stay in Arlington (So I will travel from Arlington to Fairfax everyday).

My girlfriend lives in Alexandria (She told me she is living in place called "MacQuest",a place in Alexandria for now) and she also told me it is near to Washington DC and I know that Arlington is also near to DC.

The reason I selected to learn in Fairfax was, before some months she was leaving with her family in Fairfax and since we wanted to be together in our life time, I selected Virginia International University to attend my program as well as to be with her. We have been separated like 6 months and with the help of GOD I got everything to go to her. But now everything changed, and she is coming to home country unless I am not going to meet her with in 3 weeks.

Please help me guys. How far Alexandria is far from Arlington. On some website I found that it is like 4 Km (which is very good for me) and on another site it says around 250 Km(which is so bad news for me) and now I am thinking there are two Alexandrias, is that right?

Please guys help me how to find her. I am going to leave my home country after a week, and any suggestions before that will be very helpful. I have a plan to meet her after one week of my arrive in USA,VA Arlington.

Regards,
Mati
Depends on what neighborhoods you are talking about. I lived in Alexandria on the West End which was 8 miles from my job in the Ballston area or Arlington. For my first year in NoVA I lived in Alexandria and literally across the street from me was Shirlington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 07:39 AM
 
Location: Expatriate Philadelphian in Northern Virginia
7,788 posts, read 12,009,047 times
Reputation: 2249
Looks like you'll be studying at George Mason University. Congratulations!

Arlington and Alexandria do indeed border each other so it will be convenient for you and your ladyfriend. Depending on where each of you choose to live, you may also be able to take the Metro (train) to visit each other, which could save you some time in what can be rather horrendous traffic.

FYI: If you ever want a taste of home, the "U Street" area over in DC has a number of Ethopian restaurants.
__________________
Reading the Terms of Service once a day keeps the "Mods" at bay.

Have a problem with another member? Report the post, contact a moderator via Direct Message or click here to add them to your ignore list!

Are you in the real estate industry? Check this out!

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 08:53 AM
 
Location: Virginia
5,317 posts, read 6,866,575 times
Reputation: 1888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
Looks like you'll be studying at George Mason University. Congratulations!
He said Virginia International University, which is still in Fairfax and not far from Alexandria or Arlington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Expatriate Philadelphian in Northern Virginia
7,788 posts, read 12,009,047 times
Reputation: 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
He said Virginia International University, which is still in Fairfax and not far from Alexandria or Arlington.
Oops, that's what I get for skimming over a post.

In any case, coder4ever, good luck in school and Welcome to Virginia!
__________________
Reading the Terms of Service once a day keeps the "Mods" at bay.

Have a problem with another member? Report the post, contact a moderator via Direct Message or click here to add them to your ignore list!

Are you in the real estate industry? Check this out!

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 01:40 PM
 
Location: Ethiopia
13 posts, read 22,204 times
Reputation: 11
Default Thank you so much guys!!!

I am so happy to hear all these good news and thank you so much for helping me guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Ethiopia
13 posts, read 22,204 times
Reputation: 11
Looks like you'll be studying at George Mason University. Congratulations!

Arlington and Alexandria do indeed border each other so it will be convenient for you and your ladyfriend. Depending on where each of you choose to live, you may also be able to take the Metro (train) to visit each other, which could save you some time in what can be rather horrendous traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
FYI: If you ever want a taste of home, the "U Street" area over in DC has a number of Ethopian restaurants.
First of all thanks for you help man. Secondly, how did you know I am an Ethiopian? lol.. by the way I heard that DC's official language is going to be Amharic ... lol ... and your name also looks like an Ethiopian name .. cya
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 04:27 PM
 
Location: Expatriate Philadelphian in Northern Virginia
7,788 posts, read 12,009,047 times
Reputation: 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by coder4ever View Post
First of all thanks for you help man. Secondly, how did you know I am an Ethiopian? lol.. by the way I heard that DC's official language is going to be Amharic ... lol ... and your name also looks like an Ethiopian name .. cya
On the top right of your post, your location is listed. As far as Northern Virginia and DC are concerned, you may enjoy the plethora of languages and cultures found in this area.
__________________
Reading the Terms of Service once a day keeps the "Mods" at bay.

Have a problem with another member? Report the post, contact a moderator via Direct Message or click here to add them to your ignore list!

Are you in the real estate industry? Check this out!

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top