U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 08:30 PM

450 posts, read 4,360,983 times

Advertisements

Can someone give me a recommendation for a good roofing company?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 11:03 PM

8,537 posts, read 12,589,801 times
We used Douglass Roofing and were happy with their work.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:30 AM

8,106 posts, read 12,625,307 times
We are looking right now too. Here is a thread on the topic:

Looking for a roofer recommendation

I left a message with Pond Roofing a couple of days ago, but didn't hear back. Peak can come out next Friday. RoofRepairVA | Roofing Repairs | Home Roof Repair Free Estimates called yesterday afternoon and said they could be here by 6pm, but never showed.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:10 AM

2,661 posts, read 6,223,862 times
I used these folks to replace a roof on my rental property in Woodbridge: Welcome to Sunshine Contracting's Website

They did a good job and were well priced. I also had them replace a ton of windows and I was satisfied with their work. One of my landlord buddies also used them to replace some windows on his rental and was also satisfied with the work/product and price. A coworker used them recently to replace his roof and so far no complaints either.

I actually had PEAK come out and give me an estimate. Buddy the owner was very personable. His estimate came higher than Sunshine, but when I told him that he did come down in price to match it. I went with Sunshine because they came with the best price from the get-go.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:29 PM

105 posts, read 350,090 times
I got a recommendation from a co-worked for Sunshine. They came out, did the estimate and left. I've called them 3 times to try and schedule the work and never get a call back. Sorry but I'm not going to work that hard to GIVE a contractor my business.

I also tried Style Roofing. Their estimate was literally 2x that of Sunshines.

I'm still looking for a roofer/attic fan installation.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:22 PM

696 posts, read 1,494,206 times
My neighbor just had their roof replaced this week after some recent storm damage. They used Solutions (indoor and outdoor remodeling). Their number is 703-906-6525. They had an open insurance claim so she got quotes from two insurance recommended companies and this one that was listed in our neighborhood newsletter. She said the owner was very honest and concise with what needed to be done whereas the others were too chatty, gave way too many options, unclear about actual price etc. My other neighbor (retired and quite handy) even commented on how good of a job they did. I believe they are located in Burke. We are in a Fairfax address close to Burke. They were prompt (8am both days) and clean! All materials in garbage, had a lunch break on the lawn, etc. I'd use them if I was in the market for a new roof.

Good luck!

Old 08-19-2010, 05:29 PM

106 posts, read 83,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgeller View Post
I got a recommendation from a co-worked for Sunshine. They came out, did the estimate and left. I've called them 3 times to try and schedule the work and never get a call back. Sorry but I'm not going to work that hard to GIVE a contractor my business.

I also tried Style Roofing. Their estimate was literally 2x that of Sunshines.

I'm still looking for a roofer/attic fan installation.
I've got a recommendation for you and others.

If you check on Pond Roofing, they've got all the awards checked off. BBB A+, Angie's List, and Consumer's Checkbook.

Pond Roofing Company, Inc - Northern Virginia: - History and Credentials (http://www.pondroofing.com/historycertifications.html - broken link)

Price is reasonable, and they do not negotiate. I've found their estimates to be lower than most all that I've spoken too, and the most important thing is that they are responsive. If you call them, they will respond. Many contractors out there will do the work, and then leave you high and dry if problems arise after they are paid in full.

You're in luck WRT to attic fan installation. They do both install and electrical, so it's a one stop shop. You won't need to hire an electrician separately.

Only issue is that they are busy, so to get on their schedule, you may need to wait a few weeks. Estimators are on time and professional. Best followup with questions that you pose, and in providing updates to estimates based on your changes.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:01 PM

361 posts, read 617,650 times
Pond was highly recommended to me.
Used Shiner instead. Happy me anyhow.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:06 PM

4,015 posts, read 4,816,477 times
Springfield Roofing is a good, reputable outfit. They also can replace guttering and can do windows as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia