U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-20-2010, 02:33 PM

35 posts, read 38,957 times

Advertisements

We are looking to buy a house in this community. Can you please give me some idea about Stone Ridge community? What do you like or donít like about it?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 05:51 PM

4,188 posts, read 5,149,777 times
Which Stone Ridge? There is more than one in NOVA.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:53 PM

The one is next to South Riding.
Oh I didn't know that there are so many Stone Ridge in NOVA. Are they from the same developer?

Old 08-22-2010, 05:48 AM

4,188 posts, read 5,149,777 times
No. The Stone Ridge in Manassas is a neighborhood to avoid. Not sure about South Riding.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:56 PM

159 posts, read 245,403 times
A friend of mine lives there (young couple with a baby) and they absolutely love it. Shopping and great schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000 View Post
We are looking to buy a house in this community. Can you please give me some idea about Stone Ridge community? What do you like or donít like about it?

Thank you!

Old 08-22-2010, 03:07 PM

980 posts, read 2,054,777 times
If you're talking Stone Ridge in Aldie, one thing I find very annoying is the widening of Gum Spring Rd. Thankfully this is only temporary. I don't live in the area, but I spend a lot of time over there for work. Shopping is in close proximity, Dulles airport isn't too far away. Interstate and other major roads are nearby, but don't interfere with the neighborhood. I think it's an awesome location with lots of amenities that add value to living there.

Quote:

Thank you!

Old 08-22-2010, 08:11 PM

Thank you for all of your opinion.
Yes, it’s the Stone Ridge in Aldie. I like the community look, mature tree, and mountain view (barely), park and shopping area.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:57 PM

94 posts, read 112,028 times
Stone ridge in Aldie is a great location. Like others have said, shopping, restaurants, etc are close by. Everything is fairly new, Aldie is also one of the more expensive communities in Loudoun county, gets good marks on alot of things there.
My friend bought a townhome there two years and moved from Ashburn and hasnt regretted it a bit. They love it.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:42 PM

The more I drive around there, The more I like it.
But I rarely see people talk about Stone Ridge, Aldie community.
Good to hear good reply from everyone

Old 08-22-2010, 09:48 PM

94 posts, read 112,028 times
Quote:
The more I drive around there, The more I like it.
But I rarely see people talk about Stone Ridge, Aldie community.
Good to hear good reply from everyone
It is fairly new and not that large yet, probably one of the reasons you dont hear much about it yet, Give it another 10 years and you will hear all about it.
you are also on the edge of the NOVA advancement heading west as well. So not too much attention gets placed out there unless it is big news.
good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia