U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-03-2010, 12:58 PM

48 posts, read 173,400 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend full-day private kindergartens in McLean? Our originial plan just fell through so I need to find an alternative. I realize that it's late in the game but it just fell through.

My child completed preschool and I would like to put her in a full-day kindergarten. She wasn't in a Montessori program so I assume it would not work to enter at the kindergarten level.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations and whether they offer transportation services (fee or no fee.) I am also open to 1/2 day public program (full day is not available in Mclean) and 1/2 private.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 07:28 PM

303 posts, read 564,243 times
Many Montessori programs here will take K's (or even older), despite no previous Montessori experience. The last I heard, Brooksfield Montessori in McLean had openings at that age group. Other private schools in your area include Langley and Potomac, though they probably already have started school and may well be full.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:53 PM

2,439 posts, read 6,014,193 times
Your local public school is the obvious option, and it doesn't matter how late you register your child, though she would need to meet the age cut-off (age 5 by Sept 30) and you would need to meet the residency requirement.
St. James (Falls Church), St. John's and St. Luke's all offer full-day kindergarten.
The Falls Church Day School (part of what used to be called the Falls Church Episcopal church) offers both a kindergarten program and a "5 Day 5" program for kids who just missed the public school age cutoff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia