U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 02:51 PM

2 posts, read 4,451 times
Default Look for Sunday Night Spirit Filled Worship

I am looking for a spirit filled church in Northern Virginia that has late afternoon or evening worship services. Does anyone have recommendations for me? Please also let me know the size of the congregation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 11:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,470 times
Hey I am looking for a spirit filled church in the area too. I can't find any that have morning and evening services anymore! I do like groups too but everyone has done away with their night services. But I did find one in searching that might interest you. I no nothing about it but it looks like it might be spirit filled and they only have 5pm night services. 3 Strands Community Church - Washington, DC
good luck!

Old 10-17-2010, 12:20 AM

404 posts, read 598,602 times
Whoa.. I feel like this is some covert marketing scheme that religion recruiters deem "hip" or "far-out". "Let's pretend to be "with-it" and post on an "interweb" forum so we can prove how "cybertastic" we are!"

Old 10-18-2010, 11:52 PM

2 posts, read 4,451 times
Default Spirit Filled Night Services

Jesco,

This is not some time of scheme or ad for churches.

I honestly have been searching for a charasmatic/spirit-filled night church over the last year and half. You end visiting a lot of churches in DC, VA and Maryland and it can be pretty tiring. It is great to get input from people so I know what to expect when I visit.

It does seem like many charismatic churches have eliminated their night services due to the economy. So if anyone out there can recommend charasmatic services that take place during Sunday afternoon or Sunday night, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Old 10-18-2010, 11:58 PM

12,673 posts, read 18,861,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novanightowl View Post
It does seem like many charismatic churches have eliminated their night services due to the economy.
What does that even mean? It sounds like it implies that charismatic churches are profit-driven...

Old 10-19-2010, 04:37 AM

7,297 posts, read 9,117,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
What does that even mean? It sounds like it implies that charismatic churches are profit-driven...
Maybe it means that it costs a lot of money to hold the services so they cut back on expenses? Probably has nothing to do with the economy though. That was just someone's speculation.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:56 AM

15,400 posts, read 17,611,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Maybe it means that it costs a lot of money to hold the services so they cut back on expenses?
That's my take on it, too. It costs $$$ to hold a church service, especially in larger buildings. Some churches are seeing a steep decline in donations, others are cutting back on services to have more money for things like food banks and other programs that help people.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:03 AM

740 posts, read 496,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
when you have local area churches boasting $90+ million dollar facilities, something tells me it's not just the good Word they're driven by...

not saying, just saying

Old 10-20-2010, 11:34 AM

528 posts, read 614,873 times
Depending on your age range, McLean Bible Church has its Frontline service at 5:30pm on sundays (its geared towards 20s-30s singles mostly)

But what are you looking for specifically when you mention "charismatic" or "spirit filled"? McLean definitely preaches the gospel but i'm not sure if its your style of worship, depending on how you define those terms.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:45 PM

7,297 posts, read 9,117,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toredyvik View Post
Depending on your age range, McLean Bible Church has its Frontline service at 5:30pm on sundays (its geared towards 20s-30s singles mostly)

But what are you looking for specifically when you mention "charismatic" or "spirit filled"? McLean definitely preaches the gospel but i'm not sure if its your style of worship, depending on how you define those terms.
It's a good church, but that church is definitely not a "spirit filled" church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia