Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 05:15 PM

101 posts, read 503,382 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be out on a househunting trip next week, one of the main places were looking is Haymarket. Since her birthday is coming up soon, I'd like to take her to a nice dinner in that area. Wine bars and/or nice steak places are her favorite. I'd prefer around $200-$250 or less including wine for two.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 06:30 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times
Some good food in the area but likely not as upscale as you'd like. This place is east on 66 about 20 minutes from Haymarket unless you're in rush hour traffic. Very good meals and with alcohol you can easily spend 150 and up. You'd want the one in Fairfax on Monument Corner Drive.

Ruth's Chris Steak House: Best Prime Steak Restaurant

Old 09-12-2010, 07:42 PM

Thanks for the tip. I'm certainly not worried about spending less, as long as the food is good.

Ruth's Chris is good, but I was hoping for some local flavor as opposed to a chain.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:30 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
If you don't mind driving a little bit from Haymarket, I would suggest the Red Fox Inn in Middleburg, which is about 30 minutes away or so.

The Red Fox Inn. A Bed and Breakfast Inn located in Middleburg Virginia for unique B&B lodging.

If you're not averse to about 45 minutes, into the countryside, I would recommend the Inn at Little Washington. This restaurant might be better saved for an occasion once you're in the area, since it can take an hour if there's any slow traffic.

The Inn at Little Washington

Even closer to Haymarket, on the order of about 20 minutes, I would say to head to Warrenton to Claire's.

http://www.clairesrestaurant.com/

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 09-12-2010, 09:42 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,551,196 times
Second on The Inn at Little Washington. She'll never forget it.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:39 AM

Now my mouth is watering. I hate it when they put menus online!

Great tips and they all look like great options. I don't see prices on the Inn at Little Washington, last time I had a meal like that it ran almost $900 for two people, when you went there was it that expensive?

Besides, I wouldn't so much mind the one hour drive out, it would be the drive back after eating all that food and drinking wine that would make it tough.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:18 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
You would easily be over $250 for dinner, alone, at the Inn at Little Washington, depending upon night as there is an increase for premium reservations. The menu is prix fixe and I seem to recall it being in the low-mid $100s per person, without wine, but that depends upon the night of the week. The wine is variable, with some bottles that are reasonable (~$50), and some that are into the thousands. There are guest rooms, so perhaps it might be better for an overnight getaway for an anniversary or special occasion as you could enjoy yourself a bit more, and would not have to drive back after a large meal.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 09-13-2010, 09:53 AM

303 posts, read 591,970 times
I agree with what has already been posted but here is another to add to the list. Beautiful during the Fall season.

The Ashby Inn and Restaurant

Old 09-13-2010, 09:57 AM

178 posts, read 574,320 times
You can also try the Ashby Inn in Paris, near Middleburg (The Ashby Inn and Restaurant). Beautiful surroundings, great food, and you can always stay overnight if you imbibe too much!

Old 09-13-2010, 09:59 AM

178 posts, read 574,320 times
Oops...VaFan beat me to the punch! But Ashby Inn will definitely give you local flavor -- they use all locally raised meats and produce
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia