Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 06:00 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Bradley View Post
Hugs between people who know (and feel genuine/established affection for) each other are much more meaningful, IMO! Hugging that dude wouldn't neutralize (for instance) some other dude (transit worker or whoever) snarling at you five minutes earlier. Politeness is sufficient (and much appreciated!), thanks.

Honestly, though.. if this makes that guy (and the people who hug him) happy, more power to them, I say.
I love cuddling more than hugs. Nothing beats holding someone firmly in my arms when they're feeling blue and rocking them until they feel better. I plan to do that to my pillows tonight until I fall asleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 06:51 PM

184 posts, read 311,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
That's just the store I was thinking of. Are you going as Todd Palin? John McCain? Bristol Palin?
NONE of the Above.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:33 PM

230 posts, read 1,035,061 times
This was filmed in Sydney Australia, us Aussies are a friendly bunch

Old 09-21-2010, 12:55 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,948,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
I love cuddling more than hugs. Nothing beats holding someone firmly in my arms when they're feeling blue and rocking them until they feel better. I plan to do that to my pillows tonight until I fall asleep.
I don't think I've ever held and rocked an adult, although I did it with my kids when they were little. Nor would I want anyone to do it to me. Being treated like a baby just doesn't appeal to me. To each his own.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:27 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,087,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
I don't think I've ever held and rocked an adult, although I did it with my kids when they were little. Nor would I want anyone to do it to me. Being treated like a baby just doesn't appeal to me. To each his own.
No need to be mean Denton56. RestonRunner just likes cuddling. So do alot of people. And there are times when we do need to comfort someone which may require a stern hug and some rocking.

Some people prefer to cuddle other people, some people prefer stuffed animals, their pets, pillows, or blow up dolls. Whatever the make, it's not hurting anyone.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:37 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,616,343 times
I would definatly do this if there was a group of others willing to.. everyone could use a free hug!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia