U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2010, 11:29 PM

24 posts, read 70,874 times

Advertisements

We are new to the Gainseville/ Haymarket area and need new doctors. I have been doing some research and came up with the following names. Does anyone have any feedback about any of the following docs? Thanks in advance!

Mancini, Robert (Family Practice)

Shupe, Theresa (family medicine)

David, Joseph P.

Ault, Wendy (Pediatrics)

Flower, Anita (Pediatrics)

Maggs, Kevin (Chiropractor)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 05:54 AM

1,261 posts, read 5,043,317 times
My husband, me and our 5 year old see Therea Shupe. I think she's really good and her staff is great. There's never a long wait for appointments. She is partnered with Dr. Bruce... I think she's a little ditzy, but I've only had to see her once. So my primary care doctor is Shupe. They are about to bring on a nurse practitioner, to fill the void by the leaving of Dr. Serrano (not sure why she left).

I'd just really avoid the Bristow Run Family practice. The Dr. Tang did not order a basic test I get when I go in for blood draws. It also took his staff 3 different people 5 tries to get the need in my vein. The office staff was also really rude to me when I was wanting my medical records. (They probably figured out I was leaving their practice for another doctor.)

Old 10-05-2010, 05:57 AM

1,261 posts, read 5,043,317 times
Forgot to mention that Shupe deals with pediatrics if that wasn't clear in my last response. She used to be a nurse, then an obstetrician and then moved into family practice.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:09 PM

262 posts, read 757,816 times
If you are not specifically looking for a family medicine practitioner, my sister just opened a new adult Internal Medicine practice with Inova Health Systems in Falls Church, Virginia (Children's Hospital Building):

Dr. Han - Inova Health System

The office opened on September 20 and she is just starting to build her patient base, so there should be no wait in terms of scheduling an appointment at a time that is most convenient for you.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by mshan242709; 10-13-2010 at 02:35 PM..

Old 10-13-2010, 02:19 PM

6,553 posts, read 10,838,333 times
Dr Ault and her staff took my care of my kids until they became adults. We were always happy with them and would return again if the need arose.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:52 AM

173 posts, read 500,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEATHER72 View Post
I'd just really avoid the Bristow Run Family practice. The Dr. Tang did not order a basic test I get when I go in for blood draws. It also took his staff 3 different people 5 tries to get the need in my vein. The office staff was also really rude to me when I was wanting my medical records. (They probably figured out I was leaving their practice for another doctor.)
I've had great experiences with Bristow Run FP for my daughter; MD always spent a lot of time with us and the staff was pleasant. Guess it's just different strokes for diff folks.

Had the opposite experience with Dr Shupe's staff. I had used them before switching to Bristow Run and always paid my copay right away. Last time I used them there was an insurance mix-up (long story short, I thought insurance was still pending when I received my bill and follow-up). Bill was only for about $60, but they dumped me from the practice with no warning because payment was late. Tried to plead my case, and even offered to pay all copays at time of visit (which I prefer to do, anyway), but they wouldn't even listen to me. They had stopped accepting patients with my insurance co before then (I was grandfathered in), so I suspect they were just trying to weed me out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia