U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-12-2010, 06:21 AM
 
Location: Gainesville, VA
1,261 posts, read 5,043,958 times
Reputation: 719

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancev View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Fuddruckers. I've never been to the ones here in VA, but it was my favorite burger place back in Jersey.
I used to frequent the Fuddruckers in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I loved the burgers with all the free toppings and the shakes were awesome. Hot cheese on the fries was great. I was quite disappointed in the Fairfax Fuddruckers. Dirty and in desperate need of renovation... never went back. I see now there's one in Ashburn. I'm thinking weekend road trip to see if the Ashburn Fuddruckers is any better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-12-2010, 06:31 AM
 
Location: Santa Fe, NM & Arlington, VA
96 posts, read 215,105 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEATHER72 View Post
I used to frequent the Fuddruckers in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I loved the burgers with all the free toppings and the shakes were awesome. Hot cheese on the fries was great. I was quite disappointed in the Fairfax Fuddruckers. Dirty and in desperate need of renovation... never went back. I see now there's one in Ashburn. I'm thinking weekend road trip to see if the Ashburn Fuddruckers is any better.
I agree that the Fuddruckers in Albuquerque is good, but not the best I've ever had. I don't eat hamburgers very often, but when I do, I want a really good one. I like Five Guys, but for the very best cheeseburger I've had on the East Coast, I have to say that Annie's at Mears Point Marina on the Eastern Shore (Grasonville) is the very best. What I miss here on the East coast is the green chili cheeseburgers from Santa Fe. I cannot find any place here that will put good green chili on the burger. That's ok though, because there are a ton of great things to eat here too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2010, 06:47 AM
 
Location: Brambleton, VA
2,136 posts, read 4,634,865 times
Reputation: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFean View Post
What I miss here on the East coast is the green chili cheeseburgers from Santa Fe. I cannot find any place here that will put good green chili on the burger.
Have you tried asking at Anita's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2010, 08:09 AM
 
4 posts, read 6,541 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post


You and I must have similar taste buds, we love this place too!
I'm with you two - The Counter, by a mile. Unlike a lot of places, the meat doesn't appear to have been stuck in a freezer since 2007. Plus, lots of options and I'm a fan of the sweet potato fries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2010, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Santa Fe, NM & Arlington, VA
96 posts, read 215,105 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmurphy View Post
Have you tried asking at Anita's?
Actually, we have not tried it this time around. We lived here a couple of years about 11 years ago, and we tried Anita's then. We were initially excited because we assumed they would have real New Mexican chili. The problem was that they "dumb it down" too much and it isn't very tasty. I know they have to do that because the local 'pallet' isn't used to hot chili, but when you try to take the hot out of chili (use mild chili), sometimes you take out alot of the flavor. However, I'm glad you suggested it, because I think we should try it again. I know things have changed a little. For example, this year the Giant here in Arlington actually had fresh green Hatch chili that they roasted. We were so happy because we didn't know what we were going to do about getting our chili for the year. Giant roasted it better than any roasting I've ever had in New Mexico. I think the NM folks are so used to it, they don't roast it completely. This year's chili was fabulous and very easy to put up because of the perfect roasting. ...but I digress! Thanks for the suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2010, 11:57 PM
 
2,879 posts, read 6,819,490 times
Reputation: 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
This will sound strange BUT the best burger i have had in the NoVA/DC/MD area is the black angus burger at the Ritz Carlton in Georgetown. I know right? The Ritz? Yes, the Ritz!!! Better than any burger I've had around town. Not super greasy, perfectly fresh, and humongous. Pricey for some ($16) but comes with fries which were *okayyyy* IMO but the burger rocked my socks and was worth the price tag. I'm sure there are others just as good and cheaper but I have yet to find them.
The Omaha Steaks burgers are made with fillet trimmings and are really outstanding. There is a retail outlet in Phoenix, so you can avoid the FEDex fees, not sure about DC. The promotions are great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2010, 06:43 AM
 
Location: Virginia-Shenandoah Valley
6,553 posts, read 10,842,297 times
Reputation: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
I noticed a Sonic had closed down in Nogales, AZ. Are they in NoVa?
There are several in the Fredericksburg area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2010, 08:31 AM
 
Location: Censorshipville...
2,674 posts, read 6,238,435 times
Reputation: 1543
Fudruckers filed for bankruptcy. The franchised stores are still open, but the corporate ones are closing down or have closed: Fuddruckers Restructures - Affected Restaurants

I like Five-Guys over Fosters. I used to like Fosters too, but their quality has gone down lately. I've been frequenting the old town manassas one, but won't be going back any longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2010, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Virginia-Shenandoah Valley
6,553 posts, read 10,842,297 times
Reputation: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
Fudruckers filed for bankruptcy. The franchised stores are still open, but the corporate ones are closing down or have closed: Fuddruckers Restructures - Affected Restaurants

I like Five-Guys over Fosters. I used to like Fosters too, but their quality has gone down lately. I've been frequenting the old town manassas one, but won't be going back any longer.
Google Fosters and write them an e-mail. I did and they sent me some free meal coupons. I was also unhappy with the quality of something but it wasn't the burger. The general manager was glad to hear my complaint and he said he would address the stores employees with my concerns. The original store is the one next to K Mart off Sudley Manor. The owner was featured in a newspaper article. The best burger bar none. Since they are opening at a frequent pace all over I agree they've seen a decline in quality. The original one is run by some people that seem not to care about their customers. I won't go in that store any longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2010, 06:30 PM
 
291 posts, read 493,984 times
Reputation: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Google Fosters and write them an e-mail. I did and they sent me some free meal coupons. I was also unhappy with the quality of something but it wasn't the burger. The general manager was glad to hear my complaint and he said he would address the stores employees with my concerns. The original store is the one next to K Mart off Sudley Manor. The owner was featured in a newspaper article. The best burger bar none. Since they are opening at a frequent pace all over I agree they've seen a decline in quality. The original one is run by some people that seem not to care about their customers. I won't go in that store any longer.
I might do what you stated. We used to love Fosters but the quality has really changed in our opinion and it changed very quickly.

I know they didn't do well with their venture in seafood in Haymarket. Sometimes you get a little too big and things just change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:15 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top