Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 10:44 AM

491 posts, read 1,170,615 times

Advertisements

I was at a Cheeburger Cheeburger in or near Sanibel Island a number of years ago. Was not memorable only because it was crowded, there was a very long wait, it was noisy, and I was with relatives on a really bad vacation (mostly because my sister's in-laws were on the vacation, too). Which means some of us (yes, me, too) were kind of cranky even before we walked through the door. So the memory's tainted!

Well, I never did get that really good burger when I first posted my question here. But I've put Foster's and the Counter on my list!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 03:27 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,612,289 times
Ok so I went to Fuddruckers in Ashburn. Ehh not up to par with the burgers I had had at the Albuquerque Fuddruckers. The burgers weren't even the same size as the buns. Ordered medium well, had I ordered anything else, they would have been raw. They left off the vanilla shake off my kid's order and I had to explain to him that we had to go stand back in line to get it straightened out. I don't see myself making the hike up there again, but at least it was way cleaner than the one in Fairfax.

I haven't been to Foster's in a long, long time, so might be the next burger joint I try.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:42 PM

63 posts, read 105,143 times
Five Guys!http://www.flickr.com/photos/30759108@N08/4342365843/ (broken link)

Old 03-27-2011, 09:08 PM

398 posts, read 732,850 times
Go to Moby Dick house of Kabob and get the kubideh kabob wrap... it's a ground beef kabob. Better than any regular burger.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:02 AM

29 posts, read 56,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
Actually, I remembered a place we tried a few weeks ago in Reston Town Center: The Counter "Custom Built Burgers"
The Counter : Custom Built Burgers : Menu

Check out their menu, you can have dozens of different combinations! They're big and juicy burgers, and you can try some different sauces and toppings that you wouldn't normally think of for a burger. The burger meat itself was normal for a gourmet burger, but the sheer volume of toppings is what makes them unique and gives it a nice twist. I also liked their sweet potato fries, and have heard from friends that the "adult" milk shakes are tasty too.

Second this one!!! I had no idea there was one out here...I grew up in San Diego and the closest Counter was in Santa Monica. I drove the 3 hours up there just for a burger and sweet potato fries!

Also, in LA now the new big thing is Fatburger, not In-N-Out. Don't get me wrong, In-N-Out is still the classic, but Fatburger (when it's done right) puts out the best burger. I think the Southern California consensus is still for In-N-out, but its lead is shrinking.

In my opinion, the Counter is as good as it gets. Grilled, less grease, and super fresh toppings.

My usual: Honey wheat bun, half pound burger cooked to medium, goat cheese, mixed greens, grilled onions, roasted red peppers, garlic aioli, and sweet potato fries. The best! And, you're not going to get anything like that at the other places listed above.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:57 AM

738 posts, read 2,956,994 times
Well, since it seems this thread is still alive and kickin', I've found another place that all you burger aficionado's should try:
BGR The Burger Joint
BGR The Burger Joint
Nearest locations: Springfield, Arlington, Alexandria, and Dupont Circle

Admittedly, we've gone the past two weekends in a row to it. I had the Wellington Burger, with black truffles, roasted mushrooms and carmelized onions, and the Cuban Burger, with roast pork and ham. All the burgers have been awesome so far - big, juicy, great toppings and an awesome bun. They have Regular Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, and giant Onion Rings (and asparagus, but you don't go to a burger joint to be healthy, haha).

On top of the food, they have the Coke Freestyle fountain machines - this is that crazy machine that has over 100 flavors of coke products in it - it's awesome, and my wife has made me vow to find a way to buy her one in the future.

Anyhow, this is my current favorite burger place, definitely worth a try!

Old 03-28-2011, 11:16 AM

4,437 posts, read 8,129,798 times
I'll have to check BGR out. Looks tastey.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:04 AM

29 posts, read 56,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
On top of the food, they have the Coke Freestyle fountain machines - this is that crazy machine that has over 100 flavors of coke products in it - it's awesome, and my wife has made me vow to find a way to buy her one in the future.

Agreed with their awesome burgers, but when I went a couple weeks ago I was stuck behind about 10 people waiting to get my soda because they couldn't figure out the Coke Freestyle. The touchscreen lags by about a second so people were getting impatient and pushing every button possible. People can be really dumb sometimes

Old 03-29-2011, 07:17 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,474,103 times
I just went to the new Roy Rogers that opened in Manassas, across from the Prince William Hospital. Yum! I'd never had a burger there before but darn it was good. They also had the new Coke freestyle machine, I was fascinated by it.
I'm the one who always gets a burger & fries and then gets a diet Coke but they had SO many flavors. Roy's fixins bar was awesome, I got to custom make my burger.
But my top burger places are (no order): Foster's, Red Robin, Five Guys, Roy Rogers, Sweetwater...mmm. Now I'm getting hungry so early in the morning!

Old 03-29-2011, 07:41 AM

855 posts, read 1,173,101 times
I tried a place this weekend called Relic. It's in Bethesda but THE BURGERS WERE AMAZING! Huge, glorious, gourmet. The burger was fresh and cooked just right. They're not cheap--prices range from $14-19 just for the burger, but they are SOOOOO worth it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia