U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 11:36 AM

2 posts, read 2,842 times

Advertisements

I just completed my registration online through VA DMV website. I have a leased car with one year left on the lease. By mistake i completed the registration for 2 years instead of 1. I called DMV and asked them if they could void the transaction so that i could do it again for 1 year like i had intended. They told me once an online transaction goes through there is no way of voiding it. Really? Is there really no way of voiding the transaction? I called my bank and asked them if they could stop payment and my bank said that there would be a $36 fee which would pretty much eat up the extra i paid for 1 more year. I know it was my mistake and i should have been more careful but i just find it strange that no one can cancel a transaction for me which i did just 30 minutes go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 11:41 AM

10,606 posts, read 12,132,851 times
When you turn the car in and cancel the registration, you will get a refund for the unused portion of the registration. Unfortunately, you are going to be out of the extra money for a year.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:48 AM

2 posts, read 2,842 times
Ok thanks. I figured there would be some way of them returning a portion of the money once i turned the car in. I will notch down this $40 as a loss for the time being. Oh well. I know if i had done this at a store or physical location where they swipe your card, it's a pretty straight forward process of voiding the transaction where the money goes back to your debit card. I also know that credit card companies work a little differently and they can refund your money a lot easier than a debit card transaction. Life lessons.....

Old 10-15-2010, 07:53 AM

4,264 posts, read 8,153,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal22066 View Post
Ok thanks. I figured there would be some way of them returning a portion of the money once i turned the car in. I will notch down this $40 as a loss for the time being. Oh well. I know if i had done this at a store or physical location where they swipe your card, it's a pretty straight forward process of voiding the transaction where the money goes back to your debit card. I also know that credit card companies work a little differently and they can refund your money a lot easier than a debit card transaction. Life lessons.....
wow, I have never encountered them being able to void a transaction after using a debit or credit card at the store, they have always had to process it as a return for me, I learn something new everyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia