U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-02-2010, 09:43 AM

2,669 posts, read 4,178,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairfaxGuy73 View Post
Congressmen usually don't treat people like that.
Apparently you haven't spent much time around Jim Moran .
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 09:55 AM

8,479 posts, read 6,217,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan View Post
He probably didn't want to have his time wasted, if your conversation resembled your posts here . He has more first-hand experience and knowledge of how businesses and actual economics work than most people in office today, which is why his expertise is especially vital in the current economic circumstances.

running a business does not equal understanding macroeconomics

One more time

Macroeconomics Is Hard - NYTimes.com

Old 11-02-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Congressmen usually don't treat people like that. You must have really yanked his chain. Funny.

"I am a CPA, I know how to create jobs, I will cut the deficit"

"Why would you cut the deficit during a recession? That makes no sense"

I didn't even have a chance to discuss deleveraging, aggregate demand, or the marginal propensity to consume.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:42 AM

2,669 posts, read 4,178,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
I didn't even have a chance to discuss deleveraging, aggregate demand, or the marginal propensity to consume.
And on all of those things Fimian's position is superior to Connolly's.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
And on all of those things Fimian's position is superior to Connolly's.
I would love to hear his position.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Those who can, do. Those who can't, post on the internet.
OIC. Running a CPA firm is doing, and teaching and researching macroeconomics is not, hence ALL CPAs are to be believed over all economics professors. On all things related to economics. Interesting POV.

This is also a very efficient POV, since one does not even have to read what the economist has to say. He is disqualifed on economics precisely because he is an economist. I guess that would also explain the POV of climate change deniers.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:23 PM

461 posts, read 543,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
"I am a CPA, I know how to create jobs, I will cut the deficit"

"Why would you cut the deficit during a recession? That makes no sense"

The problem is that Obama shot the wad on deficit spending to help the economy and it failed. Connolly rubber stamped all of that. Obama/Connolly supported more spending on healthcare while doing nothing for programs that are going bankrupt like social security and medicare.

Obama's economists are heading for the hills and Connolly needs to join them.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:23 PM

4,539 posts, read 5,239,558 times
Who knew that Connolly and Fimian could inspire such passion among their supporters (or maybe they don't really have supporters, just detractors)?

Here, over in Frank Wolf territory, we know re-election is a given. A few long-time Virginia residents will understand when I note that it's like the second coming of Joel T. Broyhill (in terms of incumbency if not political leanings)!

Old 11-02-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB77 View Post
Who knew that Connolly and Fimian could inspire such passion among their supporters (or maybe they don't really have supporters, just detractors)?

Here, over in Frank Wolf territory, we know re-election is a given. A few long-time Virginia residents will understand when I note that it's like the second coming of Joel T. Broyhill (in terms of incumbency if not political leanings)!
Wow, that must even be pre-Tom Davis (on the county council). I've never heard of Broyhill.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Wow, that must even be pre-Tom Davis (on the county council). I've never heard of Broyhill.
What was I thinking. Since I know nothing about him, I can discount anything that you have to say about him, and for me to to be right, and for you to be wrong. I'm learning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia