Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2010, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,956 times

Advertisements

I am a recent college grad.....I will be moving to NOVA for a job. I will be near Tyson's Corner. Where can I find an apartment to rent.....1 bedroom or a 2 bedroom if I find a room mate.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 08:28 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,085,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycountry View Post
I am a recent college grad.....I will be moving to NOVA for a job. I will be near Tyson's Corner. Where can I find an apartment to rent.....1 bedroom or a 2 bedroom if I find a room mate.
Thanks
Congratulations on the graduation and the job...as to living quarters, you should scroll these threads and then check Craigslist.

There are a number of apartments in the immediate Tysons area, but it's really not a particularly lively place for a recent college graduate to live. You run a serious risk of feeling stranded in the suburbs if you decide to both live and work near Tysons.

If you have a car, check out Arlington - it's not too long a commute to Tysons, there's more to do at night and on the weekends (plus, you'd be able to take the Metro from Arlington into DC), and there are a lot more recent college graduates there than in Tysons. However, if you do want to live in Arlington, it's more likely you'll need to find a roommate, as the apartments along the Orange Line corredor will be more expensive than those in Tysons.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:17 AM

170 posts, read 583,043 times
if you want to live close to freddie mac, check out the place across the street from them called - fountains of mclean - they have luxury 1brds for rent)they are a condo commun. tho) for about 1250 - 100 cheaper than post, about 200 cheaper than avalon.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:30 AM

26 posts, read 56,073 times
Some apartments to check out:
- Glen Ayr Apartments in Arlington (1100-1150 for 1BR)
-Monticello Gardens in Falls Church (prices vary depending on specials)

You might want to live either in Falls Church or Arlington so you can do a reverse commute in the morning. Also I think both of the places above have websites so google them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia