Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2010, 05:52 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times

Advertisements

My neighbor (who is sometimes prone to being overly dramatic) has been talking about the affect the recent Wiki Leaks will have on govt. jobs. Which, as we all know, is a large percentage of the jobs in northern VA.

He says that govt. agencies will now be much less willing to share information with each other, which will make numerous projects much more time consuming and frustrating.

I don't work for the govt., so I'm somewhat clueless as far as how much agencies need to share info with each other and if it will make a lot of people's jobs much more difficult now. What do you govt. guys think? Is he being overly dramatic, or does he have a point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 06:49 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,946,208 times
We've gotten numerous memos saying if they catch us associated with viewing/participating/whatever in wikileaks our clearances will be pulled and they'll kick us off the project immediately.

Other than those half dozen emails, it's business as per usual. People from all over are still more than happy to phone me a zillion times a day

Old 11-28-2010, 07:08 PM

259 posts, read 510,468 times
I will back up Caliterp's statement. I'm gov't, and we were sent the email saying that accessing Wikileaks in any way can/will result of your security clearance being revoked.

Without saying too much I can say this much Normie...the "agencies" are interconnected via a relatively new agency that oversees the interoperability. They all share info pretty much now and WikiLeaks will not stop that.

Before anyone else answers this question that has access to information, realize that message boards like these are monitored by both the good and bad guys. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:30 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by still_waiting View Post
Before anyone else answers this question that has access to information, realize that message boards like these are monitored by both the good and bad guys. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Yes, everyone please be careful about what you say. I've seen a few people being careless with personal info lately, so it seems like a good time to remind everyone to be careful with their own info as well as sensitive govt. info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia