Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 06:33 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,564,324 times

Advertisements

you got it made up there. Here in Raleigh, 17 degrees this morning, not out of the thirties in days, plus throw on a half inch of snow for good measure that is still on the ground in the shade 3 days later because it's too cold to melt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 06:35 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
I love it. I don't want to stay out in it for long periods of time, and I'm not a winter sports person, but I like the bracing cold air. I would welcome some warmer days here and there, but I'm ok with the cold. Time to get some Scotch.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:36 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times
I am glad to see I am not the only one disliking the cold, I am cold all the time. My guys are all hot natured and complain if I hike up the heat, not to mention who wants the big bill, so I bundle up and drink lots of coffee. Caladium, I will take a lot of Bailey's with alittle coffee.

Just had to add, I just checked the forecast and holy moly Monday and Tuesday are going to be really cold. YUCK

Last edited by ajzjmsmom; 12-08-2010 at 07:02 PM..

Old 12-08-2010, 06:38 PM

2,737 posts, read 5,456,694 times
I also am cold all the time. Hate it! I can't wait for March, longer hours of sunshine, and the promise of cherry blossoms and our (usually) beautiful spring weather.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:46 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,447,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I am glad to see I am not the only one disliking the cold, I am cold all the time. My guys are all hot natured and complain if I hike up the heat, not to mention who wants the big bill, so I bundle up and drink lots of coffee. Caladium, I will take a lot of Bailey's with alittle coffee.
Oh, you're definitely not alone -- I detest winter and start dreading it in October! (Flannel sheets do help a bit.)

Daughter in SC said there was ice on the sidewalks this morning thick enough that it didn't crack when she stepped on it!

And, I'll take my hot toddy with Maker's Mark, please.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:55 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
<hands out drinks to everyone...along with plenty of snuggies>

I must admit I'm staying home and playing on city-data tonight, when I was supposed to go out with my hiking meetup group. Somehow, I think it's going to be a very small group tonight. Very small.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:27 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,243,626 times
I am a winter person and prefer the cold over the hot. I should also mention I am in Yuma, AZ. working for ten days and it's in the 40's/50's in the AM and warming up into the mid 70's every afternoon and very dry. And considering all my work is outside I'm enjoying this weather here.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:02 PM

262 posts, read 582,667 times
I'm glad I'm not the only one who HATES cold weather. Everytime I complain about the cold weather at work, everyone jumps all over me about how they just love cold weather. Next time I will come HERE to complain, at least I will get some sympathy here!

But the thing I hate the most is snow! If I didn't have to drive in it to get to work, it would be sort of ok. I now know why us old people retire and move to Florida. Hopefully, I will be one of those people who drive with their turn signals on and wear socks with bermuda shorts in Florida someday soon! And I promise to never ever complain about 90 degree weather!

Old 12-08-2010, 08:22 PM

248 posts, read 700,907 times
I'm not complaining. I am from upstate NY and have been through worse. I dealt with 15 degrees daily, even below zero and with snow. I had a friend who was originally from North Dakota and he was laughing at NY's winter. He has dealt with -20 degrees HAHAHA, even -40....

Here? Not only less snow (if you forget about last year), but the sun is out nearly everyday and 15 was the coldest it ever got. Up in NY the sun rarely came up in winter.

Just cover up as much skin as possible and you will be fine!!

Old 12-08-2010, 09:06 PM

373 posts, read 821,305 times
Co-signed. I have no trouble with week after week of 100+ degree days in summer, but I turn into a whimpering, whiny brat come the first day I have to turn on my heater. It's so hard to get up in the morning when it is dark and cold. It's hard to leave work when it is dark and cold. I feel like the day is over, and I can't muster the energy to do anything other than burrow under a blanket and waste time on the internet until bedtime.

There may be a silver lining. I heard on WTOP that this should be a dry, mild winter because of La Nina. Basically, we're having our coldest weather now, and January and February will be smooth sailing. Here's hoping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia