Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 02:44 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,952,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quell View Post
Thank you for your responses. Honestly, I never said close-minded, just stated what took place that warranted my concern. The Warrenton/Jeffersonton area seemed to offer more home/lot but wanted to learn more about the city, the school system, etc.

Which elementary and middle schools do you recommend in this area?

Are there other cities in Loudoun County or another county that offer decent size homes/property, schools and not a five hour commute to DC?
The more rural you go, the whiter the neighborhood. Rural areas offer very little diversity.

I've never heard of racial problems in South Riding. I have a Black friend who lives there and he's never mentioned anything like that. Perhaps neighbors thought it strange that someone (of any color) was walking around your neighborhood at night, in the cold. I don't see any of that my neighborhood. People only walk during the daylight hours. We called the police one Christmas eve because a stranger was sitting in a car in front of our house. He was white, if that matters. It was just strange, nothing we had seen before or since. Might that have been the case in your neighborhood?

Old 01-07-2011, 02:48 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,952,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Jersey Styx View Post
So, correct me if I'm wrong. But your black relative was walking through your neighborhood and got stopped? OMG, was he wearing Eco or Ed Hardy and appeared too thuggish?

Sorry for the snarky remarks. . . I cannot comment on the proposed cities/towns you're eyeing but I can speak for Winchester (downtown part at least). I can't imagine something like that happening at all over here. And we are in the western part of Loudoun. Now if it were one of the very exclusive neighborhoods with very few houses and a little isolated--then a stranger would indeed be of concern. But other parts, no.
Winchester is in Western Loudoun county? I thought it was in Frederick county, VA. I live in western Loudoun and the town of Winchester is definitely not in Loudoun county. Or am I missunderstanding your post?

Old 01-07-2011, 11:02 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,984,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
Winchester is in Western Loudoun county? I thought it was in Frederick county, VA. I live in western Loudoun and the town of Winchester is definitely not in Loudoun county. Or am I missunderstanding your post?
That's how I read that post as well and no, Winchester City is not in Loudoun County.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:06 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,963,195 times
I am sure she meant west of Loudoun County, she knows the area well.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:48 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margery View Post
I am sure she meant west of Loudoun County, she knows the area well.
Yes. Typos like that are so easy to make, I've made lots of ones like that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia