U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 09:26 PM

4,711 posts, read 10,905,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX View Post
Exactly right...You can't get a ticket without the cop present for what you describe. Just be careful for next time and you'll be all good.

That's not true. While it is quite unlikely that you will be convicted of passing a bus without a cop seeing it, it is not impossible.

Like I said, we (bus drivers) have a form to report bus passers. It's tough to get a conviction but it happens. We have a gentleman (a retired USMC colonel) who drives with us that has a real thing for bus passers. He is very tenacious and detail oriented, and will expend the time and energy it takes to bring these idiots to justice. He has won several convictions to date.

So, the next time you blow by a stopped school bus...ya better hope it ain't the Colonel's bus!

PS: Another tidbit....FCPS has several buses equipped with 6 exterior cameras to photograph cars going by the bus. It is just a pilot program with no statutory authority YET. But stay tuned.

Last edited by car54; 08-28-2008 at 09:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 07:06 AM

312 posts, read 981,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
If I were you I would thank my lucky stars you did not kill or maim a kid - you would have to live with that the rest of your life.
I dont care what your excuse is - you should hang your head in shame and hope you pay dearly for what you did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
jlpicardq - Do you have kids? Maybe I overeacted but - come on - how can you miss a huge bus with a huge STOP sign? What was he doing - texting someone like all the other idiots. And I am not rude - you are rude - I was just posting my thoughts - kiss my you know what! God - everyone is so nambly pambly - oh the poor guy - just made a teeny weeny mistake - lets just let him get by with a little pat on his behind
Wow, talk about anger management. You tell the guy he should "hang his head in shame", pay dearly for what he did, accuse him of texting while driving - and better yet - adding "like all the other idiots" and end it off with "kiss my you know what! God - everyone is so nambly pambly".

Hope that makes you feel better about yourself. Great way to shout at someone on the internet for making a mistake and then shout at someone else for defending that person.

I do agree with the first sentence of your first post, though.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:55 PM

5,189 posts, read 13,377,624 times
This is NOT just a Virginia law! While I can understand being distracted while trying to find your way around, you still need to keep your wits about you! If you haven't gotten a ticket yet, you probably won't. IF you do get one, just pay it--they won't arrest you.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:12 AM

595 posts, read 2,101,310 times
There are some absolutely horrible drivers out there. In Manassas City last year. A woman ran a stop sign, hit a junior high school student, knocking her into the stationary School Bus. The idiot, I mean the driver was charged with reckless driving. She said the sun was in her eyes. The victim was rushed to a local elementary school where she was airlifted to INOVA Fairfax. She survived with a fractured skull and a seizure disorder. Unfortunately, the driver is still alive, as well.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:50 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,704,575 times
Read my response to the unfriendly NOVA people thread and you'll understand some the the arrogant and condescending responses here. The person made a mistake just like everyone else on the blog has. He/she wasn't unlucky and killed someone, just like all the rest of us. So give the person a break and either answer his question or save your judgment for the next sap you lay on the horn to so you can teach them a lesson gleaned from your higher intellect and good old common sense. Lol

Old 09-01-2008, 04:08 AM

595 posts, read 2,101,310 times
Prisons are full of people who made "mistakes," and Virginia has upheld the execution of the mentally retarded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or