U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 07:10 AM

4,853 posts, read 2,906,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCNova View Post
Just pay attention to signs, you'll be ok. As previously stated metro stations generally don't tow so parking at Dunn Loring and walking a block or two is an option. In the Mosaic the big Target parking garage MAY be an overnight option. I haven't noticed signs that they tow, but they may. It is a huge garage and there is no resident parking so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't though.

I can't tell if you really want to visit the area, or you're just trying to criticize it in that passive aggressive style you love
LOL. Sorry. .I want to hit up some places for happy hour and dinner. I have been to Red Apron a few times during the day and I like it but I want to check out some other places like Ted's.

I do have problems with the implementation of Mosaic though. I think it is a great idea but I wish they would have made it a little more like Reston Town center. The relatively narrow streets with the tallish buildings makes it seem weird to me. It seems to cut off sun so most of it is always in the shade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 07:11 AM

2,185 posts, read 2,656,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
A new brewpub is opening in Vienna this week - it's called Caboose Brewing Company and it's near the W&OD Trail and the red caboose in the heart of Vienna (520 Mill St. NE). It will be a great addition to Vienna, I think.

New Vienna Brewpub Plans to Open Next Week | Vienna, VA Patch

Caboose Brewing Co.
I've been following this place on FB for the past 6 months or so, and I noticed the tasting room is finally open. I've been excited about checking it out, may go this weekend. Definitely a great addition to Vienna. I love visiting the VA breweries but most are way out in Loudoun. Just hope the beer is good

Old 05-13-2015, 07:22 AM

9,460 posts, read 4,336,319 times
Tyson's will never be a cool place to go to a club or bar. Completely unwalkable. Ugly as sin. Etc. I'd just as soon hang out in the ninth circle of hell.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:25 AM

5,740 posts, read 8,971,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Tyson's will never be a cool place to go to a club or bar. Completely unwalkable. Ugly as sin. Etc. I'd just as soon hang out in the ninth circle of hell.
Yeah, it hasn't changed at all in the last 5-10 years. No plans to change it in the future either.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:46 AM

2,772 posts, read 3,652,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
Yeah, it hasn't changed at all in the last 5-10 years. No plans to change it in the future either.
What!? Why Carlingtonian, if I didn't know better I'd think I may actually be having an effect on you and your views of Tysons.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
I think that the nightlife would have been better and improved faster if they would not have put the metro right down the center median of a major road. It would have been nice if people could metro in and out easier.

I also think that there is only so much you can do in Fairfax County as the Fairfax County PD is good and will not allow too much nonsense.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:17 AM

2,772 posts, read 3,652,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I think that the nightlife would have been better and improved faster if they would not have put the metro right down the center median of a major road. It would have been nice if people could metro in and out easier.

I also think that there is only so much you can do in Fairfax County as the Fairfax County PD is good and will not allow too much nonsense.
I do concur, metro accessibility to bars is important. No matter what though, due to commuters and VDOT, Route 7 and 123 would keep drunks on one side or the other by it's shear size even with out metro being there, so the point about the median is moot unless you want to join forces with me and demand VDOT reduce the size of those two roads. I would be more than welcoming to others who want to pursue that.

What does Fairfax PD have to do with anything? If you want Virginia to have better nightlife, end the old Prohibition era laws on bars having to sell 50% merchandise in food, and stop land use in the form of strip malls.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
What does Fairfax PD have to do with anything? If you want Virginia to have better nightlife, end the old Prohibition era laws on bars having to sell 50% merchandise in food, and stop land use in the form of strip malls.
Because in.....errrrr.....other locales certain "concessions" were made to the local police so that certain bars and nights could stay open all night, to noon the next day or do other things without hassles. Fairfax would have none of this.

Rt. 7 dividing the night life would not be that much of a problem because I think you would wish to keep true clubs together so it would be one side of 7 or the other unless someone built a pedestrian tunnel.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:36 AM

5,740 posts, read 8,971,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
What!? Why Carlingtonian, if I didn't know better I'd think I may actually be having an effect on you and your views of Tysons.
You forgot the apostrophe.

No one can argue that the Corner hasn't changed a good bit over the last few years--or that major plans aren't in the works. Parts of it to my knowledge--I haven't been over there in some time--are still unwalkable, but I know some parts have become more walkable. And yes, you are a good source of information on that progress (though it's often buried in a fair bit of passionate rhetoric).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Because in.....errrrr.....other locales certain "concessions" were made to the local police so that certain bars and nights could stay open all night, to noon the next day or do other things without hassles. Fairfax would have none of this.
Then good for Fairfax--because if you really want more than a handful of people to live in an area beyond their 20s, you can't have bars open all night long. If you want to make mixed-use, transit-oriented development a viable option for those who have to (or want to) go to bed at a decent hour, you can't have it become like Clarendon and Ballston on the weekends, with armies of young drunk males listing about, hollering and hooting and looking for fights.

This is why the wife and I, when we retire, might move to someplace like Old Town but would never move to one of the above areas.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:41 PM

8,572 posts, read 12,669,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCNova View Post
I've been following this place on FB for the past 6 months or so, and I noticed the tasting room is finally open. I've been excited about checking it out, may go this weekend. Definitely a great addition to Vienna. I love visiting the VA breweries but most are way out in Loudoun. Just hope the beer is good
I'll be up there in a few weeks and plan to check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or