U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2007, 02:01 PM

5 posts, read 24,563 times

Advertisements

I'm going to start working in Arlington in a few days and will most likely be there for 6 mo. to a year, maybe longer. My office is located walking distance from the Ballston metro and I will be going to DC twice a week for grad school in the evenings which is also next to a metro stop (Federal Triangle). Right now I am used to driving an hour to get to work and an hour back home so for me a long commute is not a big deal.

However, my husband and I are trying to decide if it is wise to move to Brambleton since we absolutely fell in love with the place a few months ago and really want an SFH.

My work hours are 9:30-3:30 so hopefully I can avoid a lot of the morning rush hour traffic if I leave at 8:30 in the morning to go to Arlington. Also, my classes are 6:30-10pm twice a week and going to DC in the evening would be a reverse commute for me from Arlington after work, and going home to Brambleton will be a breeze at night.

Is it do-able?? What are our options? Or am I in for crazy exhaustion with all the driving/school commuting? I'm not exactly sure what to do but we really want an SFH and a good family community with good schools.

Any advice you all can give me is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 05:03 PM

9 posts, read 72,905 times
i once made it from arlington, near ballston to a part of ashburn which is the same distance from arlington to brambleton and it took me less than half an hour in optimum traffic conditions and taking the dulles toll road/greenway. Driving within the speed limit, i think 35 minutes is doable.

I've driven from arlington to leesburg(passing through brambleton) taking the same route in rush hour, and i think it took me roughly 40 minutes to get to the shopping center where the new movie theater is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or