U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 02:14 PM

33 posts, read 106,713 times
Default Toyota Dealerships for Repair

In going for my safety inspection it was discovered that my left tail light will not work even with new blubs. It may be a circuit problem. I have had some issues with Toyota dealerships trying to rip me off since I am a single, young female that I was wondering if there were any Toyota dealership repair shops anyone could recommend. If comfortable explaining, why were they good to deal with?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 02:34 PM

1,984 posts, read 2,203,331 times
I've had very good experience with Jack Taylor Toyota in Alexandria. Although dealers tend to charge more than small shops (in part because of the overhead and because of the guarantees), I am willing to pay that and have never felt gouged. I've had my car 4 years, and when taking it for normal maintenance and inspections, they have never invented a problem that needed to be fixed. They are efficient and polite. A couple of times they found little things (like the fact that my inspection was about to expire and I didn't realize it, or the rattle in the dash was my sunglasses!) and charged me a small amount or nothing.

They want to get high consumer survey scores because Toyota rewards that, and they want you to buy your next car from them.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:44 PM

18,717 posts, read 14,337,242 times
We've been happy (so far, anyway) with Leesburg Toyota.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:44 PM

172 posts, read 296,351 times
Before you head to the dealership, I would suggest reading the Toyota forums & do a search on your issue - you'd be surprised how much info you can gather from others who probably have had the same or similar issue. You'll be armed w/info when you drive into the service dept & explain your situation to the rep.
That said, I've taken my Toyota to Koons @ Tysons. Although it wasn't a major service issue, I was in & out in an hour w/no probs. Didn't get the usual "would you like fries w/that" upsell or any other "scare tactics" to bring my SUV back for more repairs. I will say that the traffic was horrendous w/all of the construction going on near the dealership. All-in-all, I'll definitely take my car back there for maintenance. Good luck!

Old 03-05-2011, 03:32 PM

1,256 posts, read 1,296,905 times
Get multiple quotes and you'll know what's the correct price.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:02 PM

Thanks everyone for their help so far! I really appreciate it since I have found out by calling around to smaller shops, it seem to be an issue only dealers can take care of. Unfortunately, on other message boards it seems to be a common problem but that the price for repair seems to be so wide spread. That being said, knowing everyone has had some good experience really is helpful.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:53 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,391,137 times
I used to use Jack Taylor in Alexandria MANY years ago when I worked in Crystal City. Since I work in DC now, it isn't that convenient so I go to Springfield Toyota and I have been very pleased with them. While I am married, I always talk to the people in the service area, drop my car off on my own, soooo....I don't feel like they have tried to rip me off.

The only dealership that I had several bad experiences with was Lustine in Woodbridge. It's a shame because it is very close to home but I won't use them.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Status: "There are Crazy People on here!!!" (set 25 days ago)

7,247 posts, read 4,699,451 times
Not sure how close you are to it, but I would recommend Ourisman Toyota of Chantilly. I got my vehicle from there and they have serviced it every time. The people there are really friendly and honest, they have a very nice waiting room and I really appreciate the professionalism there. They also can give you a loaner vehicle for $15 or they have a shuttle service.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:06 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,391,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
Not sure how close you are to it, but I would recommend Ourisman Toyota of Chantilly. I got my vehicle from there and they have serviced it every time. The people there are really friendly and honest, they have a very nice waiting room and I really appreciate the professionalism there. They also can give you a loaner vehicle for $15 or they have a shuttle service.
My dad used to use this one when he worked in Chantilly (as did my neighbor) and they both like it. Now they don't work out there so it's not convenient and they both use the one in Springfield.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:07 AM

Thank you again for everyone's help! I am so glad that everyone has seemed to have a positive experience and the place where I had my experience was not listed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia