Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 07:50 AM

350 posts, read 4,149,110 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend some good stores to get patio furniture in NoVA? I'm familiar with Offenbacher's--good selection, but what are some others? Also, can anyone recommend some good brands of patio furniture?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 10:04 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,288,874 times
Hmmm...not sure other than Offenbachers but Costco has some great patio furniture out right now.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:56 PM

350 posts, read 4,149,110 times
I checked out Costco--not much selection. Any other recs?

Old 03-08-2011, 08:05 AM

738 posts, read 2,948,959 times
Dunno if used is up your alley, but Craigslist has had some pretty good deals in the past for me.

With this being a fairly transient area of people moving frequently, I've seen some pretty nice and high-end patio furniture for sale at great prices since people just want to get rid of it.

I guess that goes for nearly everything for sale in the area, not just furniture, but if you can sift through a few BS ads then you find some great deals there.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:46 AM

1,266 posts, read 5,596,707 times
Try Great Gatherings in Gainesville.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:56 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,057,924 times
I got mine at Costco years ago and it's held up well.

Try Lowes, Home Depot, and Target. Also ACE Hardware (I think there's one in Centreville and IKEA (but there stuff sells out FAST!). IKEA has very modern styles if that's what you like.

Otherwise, if you're a DIYer, check the second hand furniture or thrift shops. Once in awhile I've seen the wrought iron types that just need some sanding and painting. I actually bought a Victorian wicker side table and chair from one of these stores.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:46 PM

955 posts, read 2,005,044 times
There are a few patio stores around, if the Costco, Home Depot stuff isn't your ball. We ended up at Great Gatherings (mentioned above). The price was more than the big box stores, but to my untrained eye, the quality was much better. Also, for many items you can custom order finishes, fabrics and such to get the exact set you want, but the prices reflect such. Ski Chalet in Chantilly turns into a patio furniture store (Patio Place) sometime in the spring/summer, not sure when the conversion happens. They had a pretty good selection. Lawn and Leisure in Herndon has a smaller, but decent selection, as did the patio.com showroom in Tyson's Corner.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:57 PM

4,892 posts, read 7,393,679 times
Not in Northern Virginia, but Plow and Hearth has a great outlet store on Route 29 in Madison (just south of Culpeper) and they have a store in Charlottesville. They have really nice patio furniture. Plow & Hearth - Products for Home and Garden They do have a store in Rockville.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:03 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,411,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Not in Northern Virginia, but Plow and Hearth has a great outlet store on Route 29 in Madison (just south of Culpeper) and they have a store in Charlottesville. They have really nice patio furniture. Plow & Hearth - Products for Home and Garden They do have a store in Rockville.

They also have a store at Fairfax Corner. We ended up getting something at Lowes, but also had looked at Sears. Craigslist can be good, I got a nice fake redwood set there once, but you have to watch it closely and be ready to act quickly.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:44 AM

301 posts, read 689,005 times
When you looked at Costco, did you look at their website? Costco.com has a much larger selection than what you see in their store. My wife was very picky about patio furniture as we looked at many places a few years ago. We went to Costco.com and she loved the selection and we made our purchase online.

If you don't want to do the standard Home Depot, Lowe's, Offenbacher, etc., you can always check out Crate & Barrel or Restoration Hardware as they also have some nicer patio furniture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia