U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 12:08 PM

5,155 posts, read 3,357,567 times
We need more Ralph Wiggum posts.

Or do we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 12:10 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,475,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I thought the same! When I lived out in Cali everyone put that definite article in front of interstate numbers. I was the outsider, so I tolerated it. First thing I did when when of my Cali friends came out to visit was set him straight every time he said "the" 66 or "the" 29.
this is seriously my biggest pet peeve with shows like bones that are set in dc but OBVIOUSLY shot in la. They called 66 "THE" I-66. At least TRY to make like you are from the east coast!

Old 03-11-2011, 12:24 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,875,418 times
they call it freeways in California and highways here. They're called freeways in california because your'e free to do anything you want! Miss your exit? Back up, it's a free way!

Old 03-11-2011, 02:46 PM

214 posts, read 252,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
3. Which towns in Nova are your beach towns?
This one is my favorite type of question, along with all the variations:

Which beaches can I get to within 20 minutes?
Which beaches can I get to in an hour?
Which beaches are a good afternoon trip?

Old 03-11-2011, 03:11 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,170,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perries View Post
This one is my favorite type of question, along with all the variations:

Which beaches can I get to within 20 minutes?
Which beaches can I get to in an hour?
Which beaches are a good afternoon trip?
But we're the coastal elites, baby.. we all live on a beach. Ant that's including those of us living on way out by the WV border (and that's only because WV is another state.. if it were still the western part of VA, its residents would be on a beach, too, since VA touches the Atlantic at some point). Seriously, though.. I'm glad I can get to the MD/DE beaches in a few hours (if I'm lucky) - I feel like some of the eliteness rubs off on me every time I'm there, and I always return home feeling inexpressibly more worldly and sophisticated. *sigh*

Old 03-12-2011, 06:25 PM

24 posts, read 18,685 times
LOL! As a newbie to the area and the forum, I've been guilty of the "where should I live" question. In my next life though I want to be a 22 year old making 120k for my first job.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:28 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,475,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmpsmp0205 View Post
LOL! As a newbie to the area and the forum, I've been guilty of the "where should I live" question. In my next life though I want to be a 22 year old making 120k for my first job.
shoot, we just barely make that combined - and we're in our 30s. with a kid.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:47 AM

214 posts, read 252,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Bradley View Post
But we're the coastal elites, baby.. we all live on a beach. Ant that's including those of us living on way out by the WV border (and that's only because WV is another state.. if it were still the western part of VA, its residents would be on a beach, too, since VA touches the Atlantic at some point). Seriously, though.. I'm glad I can get to the MD/DE beaches in a few hours (if I'm lucky) - I feel like some of the eliteness rubs off on me every time I'm there, and I always return home feeling inexpressibly more worldly and sophisticated. *sigh*
Lol! So that's what it is all about. Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw a few times in San Diego to the effect that life is not worth living east of the 5. Aren't we precious, then!

Old 03-14-2011, 10:05 AM

8,479 posts, read 5,880,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by margery View Post
or another page about what school has the best gt program? So everyone will know their child is gt. Also, another tj thread so all the people who went to tj can chime in and let everyone know they went to tj or their child is at tj?

Old 03-15-2011, 08:29 AM

303 posts, read 546,479 times
I am sitting in front of the computer because I am supposed to be working on my taxes. But instead I am totally LMAO. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia