U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-11-2011, 07:40 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,649,678 times

Advertisements

The hoa at my condo complex posted flyers on our doors today to inform us of an increase of illegal activity in the "greater centreville area" but also stressed that "the management office have also recieved similar reports, in particular a honda accord was stolen from the premises".. It goes on to talk about how we can keep ourselves safe by removeing valuables, jelwery, nav. systems ect from our cars and reporting anything suspicious to the police. It also says even though we are gated it is only ment to be a deterrent to unathorized access. Neatless to say I was a little surprised but it does go to show that even in "nice" areas crime happens.. I looked it up on the ffx county website and that car was stolen from my neighbor!! Anway.. its a crazy world we live in and I will definatly keep my gaurd up a little more than I have been. I do think its nice of the condo association to let us be aware of these types of things.. and not try to hide it. Have any of you noticed a spike in crime in your neighborhoods lately?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 07:49 PM

14,141 posts, read 16,506,598 times
No and I doubt it's a county-wide spike. Probably just a group of teens or a homeless guy in your area looking for beer money. Lock your car door and don't leave valuables (especially GPSs) in it.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:53 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,981,837 times
Wow, that's not good...hope they find the perps...I wonder if the FCP use decoy cars to catch thieves?

Old 03-11-2011, 07:54 PM

26,553 posts, read 47,250,040 times
When I lived near Reston Town Center in mid-2009 we, too, received flyers in our door jambs alerting us to a spike in crime in and around the community. Apparently many of my neighbors were victims of theft from their automobiles. I never thought property crime was particularly low in NoVA; however, violent crime is nearly non-existent for such a massive area.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:51 PM

3,166 posts, read 4,282,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebyrd86 View Post
The hoa at my condo complex posted flyers on our doors today to inform us of an increase of illegal activity in the "greater centreville area" but also stressed that "the management office have also recieved similar reports, in particular a honda accord was stolen from the premises".. It goes on to talk about how we can keep ourselves safe by removeing valuables, jelwery, nav. systems ect from our cars and reporting anything suspicious to the police. It also says even though we are gated it is only ment to be a deterrent to unathorized access. Neatless to say I was a little surprised but it does go to show that even in "nice" areas crime happens.. I looked it up on the ffx county website and that car was stolen from my neighbor!! Anway.. its a crazy world we live in and I will definatly keep my gaurd up a little more than I have been. I do think its nice of the condo association to let us be aware of these types of things.. and not try to hide it. Have any of you noticed a spike in crime in your neighborhoods lately?
Isn't there a new shelter for illegals in Centreville? That may have something to do with the crime wave............or it may not.

I have a friend who lives in Sterling in an expensive neighborhood, all the houses are over $800,000. BUT, it's close enough to an area of illegals that things get stolen from their lawns and cars if they dare leave anything outside.

Old 03-12-2011, 03:05 AM

4,220 posts, read 5,286,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
Wow, that's not good...hope they find the perps...I wonder if the FCP use decoy cars to catch thieves?

The theft of one car will unlikely cause FFX Co PD to place a bait car in this neighborhood. This area doesn't see the theft of cars nearly as bad as other areas of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia