Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:33 AM

2,879 posts, read 7,771,417 times

Advertisements

My guess is that wages will start at 9.00 per hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 11:29 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,470,838 times
I know they are convenient, but I can't stand Walmarts, especially when they go up everywhere! My husband loves to go to the super walmart in Manassas, but I dread going in there - the crowds are insane especially on the weekends.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:36 AM

3,307 posts, read 9,369,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Not another WalMart. We need another Target!
"Another" Walmart? Where are there others around Tysons? Closest one I can think of is Fair Lakes which is a bit of a hike. The closest Target to Tysons is less than 10 miles away at Seven Corners.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:26 PM

491 posts, read 1,169,002 times
Well, since there's been a plan in the works to turn Tysons into a more walkable community, with more residences and limited parking to push people into using mass transit, I guess this was bound to happen. Thought it'd be an upscale grocery to first break into the area, tho.

But the comment "There goes the neighborhood" is kind of apt -- it really has had the image of better shopping, even with all the car dealerships and the variety of "regular" stores like Staples, Marshalls, Bed Bath & Beyond...

Old 03-23-2011, 12:47 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,356,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post
"Another" Walmart? Where are there others around Tysons? Closest one I can think of is Fair Lakes which is a bit of a hike. The closest Target to Tysons is less than 10 miles away at Seven Corners.
True, but there's another one planned for Fairfax, the old Expo. And, to me, that's more than enough WalMarts as I find them depressing and don't shop there.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 03-23-2011, 07:46 PM

34 posts, read 92,740 times
Bringing the crap to the toilet bowel sounds about right to me.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:18 AM

855 posts, read 1,171,485 times
a walmart in tysons?? why, i shudder to think! it's bad enough more commoners will have such easy access via Metro to our land of milk and honey known as Tyson's Corner. whatever will the upper crust of northern va do???? i feel faint. someone cue the Kenny G...

*eye roll*

walmart or target--same thing. either way, that area needs some type of store like that. there's no place over there for the necessities as another poster mentioned. I still don't know why they closed the CVS in the mall. I'm sure it did incredible in sales as it was ALWAYS packed.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:57 PM

2 posts, read 6,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
My guess is that wages will start at 9.00 per hour.
Actually,it says that they plan to start it at $11.75. I thought that's pretty well paid for a Wal-Mart employee.

It better not be like $7.50 or there'd be a lot of disgruntled workers. I hope the prices will be competitive enough on everyday items to make it worthwhile. That'd be helpful at least.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:30 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,369,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
I still don't know why they closed the CVS in the mall. I'm sure it did incredible in sales as it was ALWAYS packed.
Nationwide, CVS has closed most of its mall stores. The high rents, small amounts of room, and inconvenience of malls have made them seek out non-mall locations.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:39 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,612,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Nature View Post
Actually,it says that they plan to start it at $11.75. I thought that's pretty well paid for a Wal-Mart employee.

It better not be like $7.50 or there'd be a lot of disgruntled workers. I hope the prices will be competitive enough on everyday items to make it worthwhile. That'd be helpful at least.
As we all know this area pays more because of its cost of living; Walmart is no different than any other employer... The col balances out the higher pay. I have part timers at my company that make $11+/hr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia