Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 02:27 PM

31 posts, read 76,363 times

Advertisements

I have a two year old son and I'm interested in any recommendations for good preschools in the Ashburn area (part time is fine a few days a week). My son is very inquisitive and energetic so will need intellectual stimulation with a healthy does of "play time." Teacher to child ratio is an important component to our decision as well. Thanks for any recommendations. We live in the Brambleton area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 02:56 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,310,561 times
I did a lot of research on this for the upcoming year, as my twin toddlers turn 3 in August and will start part-time preschool this fall. We chose Open Arms in Broadlands. Others that came highly recommended by friends and neighbors were Winnie-the-Pooh (co-op), Arcola Christian, Hope Christian, and St. David's Episcopal. We were only looking at part-time, but some of my friends liked their experiences with full-time at Golden Pond, Bean Tree, and various Montessori schools. There are also some well-regarded home-based preschools in the area, but I didn't look into those much because I wanted the flexibility of moving my kids into separate classrooms for their second year.

The Ashburn Farm MOMS Club puts on a great preschool forum every year, with a huge spreadsheet on a lot of different local preschool options. I just DM'd you a link to the spreadsheet (which was posted on the Brambletonian message board).

Old 03-24-2011, 11:00 AM

31 posts, read 76,363 times
Great. Thanks for the information.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:45 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,314,460 times
A lot of moms in Ashburn Farm like Hope Pre-School which I believe is in one of the churches there. Also, some of the local high schools have Pre-K that the high school students teach with the help of an instructor. I was going to sign up for it before we moved as I think it's a great program and very affordable. There is often a wait list, but I would check. Stonebridge has one program as does Broad Run. Whinnie the Poo is a co-op, so you would need to volunteer or pay a little more if you can't volunteer.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:43 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,738,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
Whinnie the Poo is a co-op, so you would need to volunteer or pay a little more if you can't volunteer.
PooH.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:28 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,314,460 times
LOL! i have 4 year old twins, we are lucky I didn't say POOP!

Old 03-24-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
lol! I have 4 year old twins, we are lucky i didn't say poop!
:d

Old 03-26-2011, 02:00 PM

2 posts, read 10,998 times
Default preschool

The preschool at Sha'are Shalom in Leesburg has great programs. There are several students there from Brambleton. Their website is rujec.org

Old 03-26-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbrown View Post
The preschool at Sha'are Shalom in Leesburg has great programs. There are several students there from Brambleton. Their website is rujec.org
I like that place too. Very clean and well run, like the teachers. I'm wondering if they take non-Jewish kids?

Old 03-26-2011, 05:39 PM

9,777 posts, read 15,786,780 times
I've never known a reform or conservative synagogue not to take non-Jewish kids into their preschool. I'm sure half of their congregants aren't even Jewish - probably married to someone Jewish. In general a Jewish preschool will do all of the Jewish holidays in addition to the American ones and may learn some basic songs/prayers in Hebrew for Shabbat (sabbath). As long as you are comfortable with that - and no Christmas or Easter during holiday time, it should be no problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: