Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2009, 12:54 PM

2 posts, read 15,075 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information about the Montebello condos off Route 1 in Alexandria or Parc East Condos on Martha Custis (Alexandria as well)? Candid feedback would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 11:40 AM

3,307 posts, read 9,377,607 times
I knew someone who lived in Montebello. The apartments are nice, though the appliances are old. It's safe (gated) and convenient (Metro shuttle). They have a lot of amenities, like a pool, walking trail and a small bowling alley. It's on a hill, and a bit of a hike from Route 1, which makes for nice views and a feeling of being totally cut off from the rest of the neighborhood. I think that, if you're OK with the gated community aspect, it's a nice place.

It's kind of interesting in that they just don't build gated, totally cut-off communities like Montebello anymore. The only other place like it nearby is Watergate at Landmark, which I think was built around the same time (late 70's-early 80's).

Don't know much about Parc East. I've biked around there before and it seems like a nice neighborhood. It's close to Arlandria, which isn't a nice neighborhood, but I don't think the crime comes over to that area. One nice thing about Parc East is that it's really close to Shirlington, just over the pedestrian/bike bridge.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:23 PM

40 posts, read 208,459 times
Parc East is in the city of Alexandria. It is in a nice neighborhood. Like pcity mentioned, it isn't far from Arlandria, but it is definitely insulated from any of Arlandria's (overstated) woes. Montebello has an Alexandria mailing adress but is actually in Faifax County, although there is little practical difference between the two jurisdictions in terms of renting.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 5,966 times
Have been visiting ParcEast for 38 years........never a problem with safety, great access to major highways and Shirlington. Also great if you work at the Pentagon or the new building the Army is getting ready to occupy about 3 miles south on 395.
Building itself is kept immaculate, pool and tennis court are never crowded; balconies, especially on the upper floors w/southwest exposure can't be beat. If I had a reason to live in the DC area,. I wouldn't hesitate to look at ParcEast!

Old 04-08-2011, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,947 times
Wow~~ Parc East! Just visited someone there. Incredible views -- wonderful sun exposure & sunsets. Don't feel like cooking dinner? Easy walk to Shirlington and dozens of restaurants. Hard to believe you're only minutes from the District.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia