U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 07:08 PM

274 posts, read 596,374 times

Advertisements

AHA! Let me check my schedule, I've got some work going on. That said, I'm sure it's still available for show, and I LOVE the word hoot, so I'm game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
If you're serious, send me a DM. That would be such a hoot, and my schedule is free. (If it's not a good idea that's cool, too. I don't want you to get into trouble.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 11:09 AM

18,717 posts, read 26,852,182 times
Great! I'm sending you a DM.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:16 PM

153 posts, read 236,479 times
There is another "White House" off Georgetown Pike just east of Great Falls Park entrance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
I actually like the whimsy of having a house like that. I could see living in a white house replica.

In honor of our local diversity, however, what I'd really like to see is a few other replicas in the neighborhood. A mini Taj Mahal. A mini St. Basil's (the one in Moscow). A mini Buckingham Palace. Hey, maybe even a mini Forbidden City (talk about something that would put the Mc in McMansion...)
There is something resembling Taj Mahal on Rt 7 near Reston Pkwy. It's probably not a house though. Don't remember exactly, but this place is somehow associated with the guy who shot several CIA employees in Langley.

Want to see really beautiful mansions on really small (for their sizes) lots? Go visit the neighborhood off Spring Hill Rd, across from Spring Hill Recreation Center. Woodley Mill Rd. There are a couple of mini-Buckingham Palaces there.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:27 PM

15,400 posts, read 25,791,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvnova View Post
There is something resembling Taj Mahal on Rt 7 near Reston Pkwy. It's probably not a house though. Don't remember exactly, but this place is somehow associated with the guy who shot several CIA employees in Langley.
You're thinking of the Shahmaghsoudi Islamic center. It was built more than a decade after the 1993 incident and is not related to that shooting. Mir Aimal Kasi, the shooter, died in 2002 and is also not associated with the center in any way.

More on the incident:

1993 shootings at CIA Headquarters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-26-2011, 02:36 PM

153 posts, read 236,479 times
Then I mistook that terrorist for another who was in the news (together with the center), I think, later than 2002. Thanks for the correction.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:37 PM

531 posts, read 1,205,948 times
Chinese CEO Huang Qiaoling built $10 million White House home in Hang Zhou, China.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/asia/cov...otoessay/2.jpg

Last edited by bmwguydc; 04-26-2011 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Links, please, not copies of pictures that are not your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia