U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2006, 05:38 PM

20,907 posts, read 39,189,628 times

Advertisements

When we lived in that region, the best place around for pizza was Emilio's just off of Rt 28. He is NOT a chain. My favorite was the Roma pizza. His stuff is ten times better than anything frozen and miles better than home delivery pizza. If you see a Belfort Furniture store as you drive along VA Rte 28, that is where Emilio's is located. This is near Redskin Park, sometimes those guys come in for pizza.

Emilio's Brick Oven Gourmet Pizza
(703) 444-2555 (703) 444-0366
22207 Shaw Rd # A10 Sterling, VA 20166
http://shopsterling.com/business/emilios/ (broken link) (TO SEE A MENU)

CLOSED SUNDAY's.

I'm not involved with this business in any way, it simply is the best pizza I ever had and I hope you try it. Emilio's is on my list of places to visit when we go back to VA for a graduation in June, it's that good.

s/Mike
Colorado Springs, CO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2006, 09:40 AM

4 posts, read 37,703 times
Two places that are wonderful for pizza as well:

Next to Golden China (best chinese joint around, and the staff is wonderful as well), in Chantilly, unfortunatly since moving out of there it has been about a year or more since I have been there, but great pizza, and they are really nice. This is also the same family that owns the pizza place in Fair Lakes area. There is a small pizza place (near Best Buy).

Old 06-01-2006, 07:31 AM

20,907 posts, read 39,189,628 times
Thumbs up Going back to visit

Ms. Leo, thanks for the info.

On our upcoming trip back to Northern Virginia (where we also left a year ago) we are sure to hit Emelio's and will stop by Chantilly too, where we lived for 28 years.

You mentioned Golden China, in the strip mall where a K-Mart is. That place has the best Chinese food of any storefront Chinese restaurant I've ever been to. To my tastebuds, 99% of Chinese food tastes the same from place to place, but Golden China is head and shoulders about the rest. Their fried rice is superb, and at $6.95 (may be up a bit since June 2005) is one of the best buys going. They also deliver. They give you a lot too, we'd take delivery on two entrees and it would last my wife and I for two nights.

I don't miss N. VA a bit now that we're here in Colorado Springs, but it will be nice to see her family and get some crabcakes in Baltimore when we see my family.

s/mike

Old 01-20-2008, 07:07 AM

192 posts, read 194,491 times
I have been really impressed with Tim Tuk Thai in Sterling. Very authentic, superb service, fair prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or