U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 09:44 AM

198 posts, read 310,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCPA View Post
The Deli also has a location in Sterling...Countryside Plaza near the Japanese Steakhouse if that is easier. Good the first time; ok the second.

Plus, 3 Chickfila's in Sterling. We are a happenin place!

Ones coming to or already in Ashburn and Leesburg.
I didn't know about the second location of The Deli, but I'm about five minutes from the one in Herndon, so that's still closer.

And I've been to all of the Chick-Fil-A's too - another of my favorites, partially because they have Diet Dr. Pepper (among a few other things I like)!

We eat out entirely too much. Maybe I should make it my goal to cook more often rather than to try to get to all these new restaurants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 07:14 PM

493 posts, read 1,007,899 times
Chick-Fil-A and BK are right next to each other inside Fair Oaks Mall. (I chose the former today, in fact; it's the only place where I can tolerate waiting in line more than 5 or 10 minutes for "fast" food!)

One place, IMHO, that we don't need around here? Long John Silver's. Needed to be up in Hagerstown this week and stopped in the mall up there because I needed to take care of an errand. They were cooking orders 1 at a time. Yuck. Threw half of it in the trash.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:32 PM

672 posts, read 1,012,871 times
I have read through all the posts and no one has mentioned Zaxbys, they're down south, we go to them every time we vacation in Myrtle Beach, they have awesome chicken and great ice tea, we need one bad here in northern Virginia.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:34 PM

11,367 posts, read 20,163,370 times
Never heard of Zaxbys. I've also heard of In and Out Burger (I think that's the name?) and Jack in the Box, never been to any of those. Have to say though, not complaining about lack of fast food places, I'm not a big fast food fan anyway.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:41 PM

23,570 posts, read 33,297,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elias9193 View Post
I have read through all the posts and no one has mentioned Zaxbys, they're down south, we go to them every time we vacation in Myrtle Beach, they have awesome chicken and great ice tea, we need one bad here in northern Virginia.
Zaxby's. Forgot that. They are good man. I'll have to stop back by when I come home from NoVA since I haven't had any in a while. A little ways from my apt but worth the trip.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:49 AM

3,445 posts, read 4,313,380 times
Maybe someday Roy Rogers will have more locations in Northern Virginia as they once did. They are a very good fast food restaurant that once dominated the market with numerous locations. Then Hardee's happened. Today Hardee's is owned by Carl's Jr, but I still prefer Roy's. But none nearby where I now live in Greenville, SC.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:06 PM

267 posts, read 440,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Maybe someday Roy Rogers will have more locations in Northern Virginia as they once did. They are a very good fast food restaurant that once dominated the market with numerous locations. Then Hardee's happened. Today Hardee's is owned by Carl's Jr, but I still prefer Roy's. But none nearby where I now live in Greenville, SC.
If I remember correctly Hardees bought most of the Roy Rogers locations in NoVA and re-branded them. Then a few years later McDonalds bought the locations from Hardees and shut them all down. There's still a Roys in Leesburg and a couple in Maryland.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:19 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,078,786 times
I just saw this about Roys - two are also located in Manassas now. Well, one is in Manassas Park and the other is right on Sudley across from the Prince William Hospital. A new one opened in the summer. It's pretty good, I had it in August and it was my first time eating a Roy Rogers burger. It was freezing in the dining area though so we ate outside.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:47 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,635,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHokie View Post
If I remember correctly Hardees bought most of the Roy Rogers locations in NoVA and re-branded them. Then a few years later McDonalds bought the locations from Hardees and shut them all down. There's still a Roys in Leesburg and a couple in Maryland.
There are actually two Roys in Leesburg. Heaven!!

Old 11-02-2011, 03:07 PM

2,680 posts, read 6,240,850 times
I don't understand the big deal about Roy Rogers. I tried it, wasn't impressed. Only reason I tried it was I hadn't been to one in years so I figured I'd try some nostalgia. Nostalgia didn't taste too good...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia