Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 06:27 PM

2,380 posts, read 4,505,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
I even wore my Nikes and drank the Kool-Aid...
Yes, but you failed to shave your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 06:41 PM

4,408 posts, read 8,091,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpickrell View Post
Yes, but you failed to shave your head.
Actually I do have a shaved head

Stoopid comets...

Old 05-23-2011, 06:53 AM

191 posts, read 356,572 times
I feel bad for the people who truely believed that the world was going to end. The people who put there trust into Harold Campings. I cant say that he lied because maybe he truely thought the world was going to end. Some of my friends told me people quit there jobs, maxed out credit cards, and sold there houses!? If that is the case he ruined some peoples lifes and i think the guilt from that will slowly kill him! A message to those believers though is it isnt so logical to make such big descions on faith....but i do think it is amazing at the same time what others faith can lead them to do!

Old 05-23-2011, 04:49 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,428,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACollegeStudent View Post
If that is the case he ruined some peoples lifes and i think the guilt from that will slowly kill him!
Might not be as slow as you think seeing as he turns 90 in July. If he makes it that far...

Old 05-24-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Might not be as slow as you think seeing as he turns 90 in July. If he makes it that far...
True. Also he is still in hiding will he ever come out?? lol

Old 05-24-2011, 11:55 AM

1,558 posts, read 3,847,279 times
He actually did come out and gave a statement on his radio show. I don't think this guy was just playing a 'hoax' or doing this for attention. I really think that he really thought 'he' knew. I think that he actually does feel badly about those who followed him. That being said - I'm not defending his actions but anyone who believes and follows anything should themselves be held accountable....in the end 'everyone' thinks they are right no matter what they believe...or they wouldn't believe it.

In the beginning this was fun to joke about...but to see the face of the man in NY who truly believed filled with disappointment - was sad....and others around ridiculed and made fun of him. Hey - I didn't believe it, I thought it was funny, but I don't think it's funny for those that were really 'left behind' because they really believed it. I'm not quite sure how you resume your life after such a disappointment.

For those that believe in life after death - they'll never know if they were wrong...because they'll be dead. For someone who believes in something that will prove itself right or wrong while one is still alive is entirely another matter.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:17 PM

4,408 posts, read 8,091,359 times
New Date is October 21st...

Old 05-24-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
New Date is October 21st...
Yes - I forgot to mention that....ok - so now that the believers have something to look forward to and are not in complete disappointment - let the fun begin! I didn't drink koolaid Saturday but I did do jello shots .

Seriously though....after October 21st if the world doesn't end....I don't know what those poor souls are going to do.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermonter16 View Post
Yes - I forgot to mention that....ok - so now that the believers have something to look forward to and are not in complete disappointment - let the fun begin! I didn't drink koolaid Saturday but I did do jello shots .

Seriously though....after October 21st if the world doesn't end....I don't know what those poor souls are going to do.

If nothing happens then they will wait and another person will eventually say they know when the end of the world is coming! If you google it at least every century one person says they know when the end times are coming or some other crazy event remember Y2K ?....i just think with more media and ways to conncect with people this time it seemed more real then ever, and the word spread faster with him getting so much funding from others. Most religions say that when the "end times" come no one will know. I wasnt aware of this because i dont keep up on my current events until someone at work mentioned it at the lunch table, and that was the day before it was supposed to end! I feel so bad that people think they got left behind and want to say they are not very intelligent for believing in this man...but who am i to judge! I honestly can only feel bad these people are taking on uneeded stress i want to chat with one of his followers just to hear there point of view

Old 05-25-2011, 04:54 AM

I do remember Y2K because it was crazy at work with all the computer systems. Although there wasn't any meltdown - everyone was on standby in case something were to happen. That I think was a legitimate concern....but...as with anything, Christianity, reincarnation....most choose to believe in something and I'm thinking that not everyone is going to be right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia