Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 07:35 AM

1,502 posts, read 2,657,831 times

Advertisements

Thanks for expanding...I am sold. I guess the same stuff happens on the bus but it happens in slow motion and I get to pay for it. I wasn't even allowed to have a quiet conversation on the bus after everyone left.

Much appreciated and glad that I came here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I am an introvert by nature so there's that. I was a slug driver. I didn't care for when people wore perfume or if they had been smoking prior to getting in my car. It's not that I'm overly sensitive but it's tough being locked up in the car with those odors for any length of time.

There were some people that were just downright unfriendly but that was definitely the exception. They weren't weird or threatening but it just made for a LONG ride. I know slugging etiquette states you should not talk but I was a little relieved if someone made a *little* small talk with me.

Other than that, it was great and for the most part I got the same people every day and we became friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 12:17 PM

I have to say....slugging works out...working 630-300 pm is optimal so far..takes me 20 minutes to get to the slugline. Getting home before 5 instead of 6-630pm....and it's free.

People are far more polite so far than they have been on the bus....ironically!

Old 06-03-2011, 12:24 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,588,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_lucky View Post
I have to say....slugging works out...working 630-300 pm is optimal so far..takes me 20 minutes to get to the slugline. Getting home before 5 instead of 6-630pm....and it's free.

People are far more polite so far than they have been on the bus....ironically!

I'm so glad you came back and posted. I love to hear how things work out for people!

Old 06-06-2011, 11:26 AM

Christine, thank you very much. I couldn't have crossed the bridge without you.

Quote:
I'm so glad you came back and posted. I love to hear how things work out for people!

Old 06-07-2011, 01:21 PM

63 posts, read 224,592 times
Glad it worked out for you as well. So you are saving an hour to an hour and a half, and time is money. Sometimes, you can't price out that extra time you get at home in the evening to relax. Congrats!

Old 06-07-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibecowtippin View Post
Glad it worked out for you as well. So you are saving an hour to an hour and a half, and time is money. Sometimes, you can't price out that extra time you get at home in the evening to relax. Congrats!
And money = money. Beside the time savings, slugging is FREE!!!

Old 06-30-2011, 05:21 AM

Thanks all...the slugging crowd seems to be more friendly than the bus crowd as well and exponentially more friendly than the VRE crowd!

Not a whole lot of snobs in the line, I can say that much.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_lucky View Post
Thanks all...the slugging crowd seems to be more friendly than the bus crowd as well and exponentially more friendly than the VRE crowd!

Not a whole lot of snobs in the line, I can say that much.

I returned to slugging for 2 weeks on my last pay period. I was trying out a compressed work schedule. I've decided against the compressed schedule. Losing the hour each evening was a drag to me and the day off wasn't worth the aggravation. Anyway, all my afternoon slug experiences were great. Everyone was nice!

Old 07-18-2011, 06:38 AM

Still slugging strong...glad to know you are back!

Quote:
I returned to slugging for 2 weeks on my last pay period. I was trying out a compressed work schedule. I've decided against the compressed schedule. Losing the hour each evening was a drag to me and the day off wasn't worth the aggravation. Anyway, all my afternoon slug experiences were great. Everyone was nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia