Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2011, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,077 times

Advertisements

I’m currently living in a basement apartment in Springfield and I’m ready to get out and find a regular apartment/townhouse. I’m on a budget however and I know that ‘cheap’ and ‘housing’ don’t mesh well in NOVA, hence my presence here.

Let’s see, I work in DC but since my living there would constitute multiple violations of the city’s firearms regulations I can’t live there, no big loss. But I’d like to be close if possible. I don’t want to spend more than $1,200 a month on rent and that’s including utilities (the place doesn’t necessarily need to include utilities, the price just needs to be cheaper so I can afford them.)

I cook all the time so a furnished kitchen is necessary and I’ve hated every studio/efficiency I’ve seen (may let a loft type pass but I don’t think there are too many round here) so a bedroom is preferred.

Also I do smoke but I never do so inside so those high rises with no balconies are out of the question. Finally (and this is absolutely necessary), because I work in transportation I’m carrying luggage all the time. Also I frequently get home well before dawn so I need a place with decent parking near where my unit would be, preferably assigned. I absolutely don’t want to get in at 3am, find all the parking taken, then have to park a quarter mile away and drag my luggage back home (I’m currently doing that now so that’s actually a deal breaker).

Hopefully there is some small cornor of that fits all that. Thanks for all y’alls help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 02:40 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,385,548 times
so i'm guessing you work odd hours, and rush hour traffic isn't much of an issue for you. do you have any particular geographic location in mind? need or want to be close in to dc or does that not matter? there are so many areas in nova to choose from if commute time isn't an issue, so you need to be a little more specific.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:46 AM

2 posts, read 3,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
so i'm guessing you work odd hours, and rush hour traffic isn't much of an issue for you. do you have any particular geographic location in mind? need or want to be close in to dc or does that not matter? there are so many areas in nova to choose from if commute time isn't an issue, so you need to be a little more specific.
That's true about half the time, during the day I'd like to take the metro and one good thing about Springfield is that the metro has multi-day parking.

So lets just say within the VA metro area with a preference (but not requirement) to being closer. Thanks.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:24 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,961,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosst amojan View Post
That's true about half the time, during the day I'd like to take the metro and one good thing about Springfield is that the metro has multi-day parking.

So lets just say within the VA metro area with a preference (but not requirement) to being closer. Thanks.
Closer to what? Springfield? Or would any metro stop do? What do you mean by a furnished kitchen? In addition to the usual appliances (stove, dishwasher) do you also need pots and pans and dishes?

Have you tried homesdatabase.com? They have a good map feature and you can call the listing broker directly for more information.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:09 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,385,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosst amojan View Post

west end of alexandria might be a decent fit.

or if you get lucky, you might find a 1b/1b in old town alexandria or up in the ballston-clarendon-rosslyn corridor.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:30 PM

2 posts, read 3,228 times
Default Maybe...

I found a mid-rise with balcony and all utilities included under 1200 a month near Braddock Metro, Pentagon Metro, and Ronald Regan Airpot METRO stations. It is off 395 (I believe exit 7a) so it takes me about 10mins to get into DC (with NO traffic). I just moved to New Brookside Apartments this month....so far so good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia