U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 08:45 AM

11 posts, read 22,249 times

Advertisements

Hi
For last two months I was looking for houses in Boadlands and Brambleton areas and suddenly came across StoneRidge area and see very good prices for Single family homes. Can some one tell me good, bad things about this area ? I work from home most of the time but would like to closer to brambleton area beacuse of family reasons. I have two small kids who go to elemenatary school, so I am looking for good schools.

How are the schools in this area ? How is the airport noise ? traffic ? shopping ? neighborhood general feel ? any other issues I need to concern about ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 03:16 PM

32 posts, read 111,520 times
I would like to know the same thing :-)

Old 06-21-2011, 08:24 AM

48 posts, read 131,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav9 View Post
Hi
For last two months I was looking for houses in Boadlands and Brambleton areas and suddenly came across StoneRidge area and see very good prices for Single family homes.?

Hi,
Is Stone Ridge adjacent to Broadlands? Is the zip code 20148?
Kindly confirm. Thanks!

Old 06-21-2011, 10:11 AM

48 posts, read 131,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor-in-Fairfax View Post
Hi,
Kindly confirm. Thanks!

After posting I realized that I knew a family living in Stone Ridge. I called them and the feedback is good. Once completed Stone Ridge will be a township i.e. it will be self sufficient like Reston. The new HCA Hospital will increase the market values in the future i.e. there will be tremendous demand from the Doctors and staff to live close to the Hospital.

There is no Airport noise except for the occasional plane heading to land at Dulles Airport. I plan to visit Stone Ridge this weekend!

Old 06-21-2011, 11:35 AM

1,101 posts, read 1,809,175 times
Good points: not as crowded as Ashburn, family-feel, good schools, nice neighborhood, library opening there soon, closer to the rural part of the county.

Bad points: traffic on 50 is awful, not as much retail, restaurants, etc, as Ashburn.

Good luck.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:41 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,634,865 times
Quote:
Hi,
Kindly confirm. Thanks!
Stone Ridge is west of South Riding. The zip code is 20105, which is technically Aldie, but Stone Ridge is an acceptable alternate name.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:13 PM

38 posts, read 80,055 times
South Riding, Stone Ridge, Aldie and Chantilly all confuses me. :-( I need a drink now!

Old 07-03-2011, 03:24 PM

11 posts, read 22,249 times
Quote:
After posting I realized that I knew a family living in Stone Ridge. I called them and the feedback is good. Once completed Stone Ridge will be a township i.e. it will be self sufficient like Reston. The new HCA Hospital will increase the market values in the future i.e. there will be tremendous demand from the Doctors and staff to live close to the Hospital.

There is no Airport noise except for the occasional plane heading to land at Dulles Airport. I plan to visit Stone Ridge this weekend!
Thanks for the Info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia