Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 05:20 AM

139 posts, read 314,116 times

Advertisements

Looking for places where you can go to paint as you follow the instructor. Where I live currently, we have both a "Sip and Stroke" and a "Bottle and Brush" where you and friends bring or buy your own beverage (including wine :-) and paint whatever picture the instructor has picked out for the day/night. I have googled it but cannot find anything. Anyone know of anything similar? It's not necessarily an art class, but just a fun get together where everyone paints the same picture (and of course they all turn out differently!).
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 10:40 AM

50 posts, read 131,015 times
Different concept, but how about paint your own ceramics? Paint This! (http://www.paintthis.com/) is right in Old Town Alexandria. I've not been, but I'm pretty sure they don't serve wine. Although they do have some kids events, it's not exclusively a kids place. Passing by, I mostly see adults; if you go during the evening, I doubt it would be overrun by kids. There are lots of places in Old Town where you could get a glass of wine before or after.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:58 PM

1,652 posts, read 3,866,521 times
There's also a paint your own pottery place in 'downtown' Fairfax:

Pottery Studio, Arts, Crafts, Fairfax, Va - Paint your own pottery - Art and Pottery Studio in Fairfax Virginia, Va. Plan you next baby shower party at our studio. Pottery painting for children and adults. Create the perfect gift for the holidays, bi

Their building is also one of my favorites in all of suburban NoVA.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:17 PM

Thanks. I actually don't drink the wine. I probably couldn't paint but some do. I just go to paint. It's acrylics on canvas. So much fun. Wonderful concept too. Here in AL (would be lots more up there) it is $36-40 per person and they supply the canvas, paint, aprons, and instructor. For someone artistic, this would be a great business. Last night we had 50+ people in there! Largest group I have ever seen. We were doing Van Gogh's Starry Night...must be popular...I know I love it. If I was artistic enough, I'd do it myself!

Old 06-26-2011, 04:24 PM

1,534 posts, read 3,712,238 times
I know there's one called Brush n Blush in Georgetown. Not sure about NOVA.

Last edited by OrangeFish; 06-26-2011 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: Added link

Old 06-26-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFish View Post
I know there's one called Brush n Blush in Georgetown. Not sure about NOVA.
Yes! That is what I am looking for! Perfect! It would be nice to find one a little closer to Herndon but it would make for a nice girls' night out! Thanks a bunch! I now have it book marked!

Old 06-27-2011, 12:53 PM

In the DC area, sometimes you have to go all the way into the city proper for businesses that you'd find locations of in the suburbs of other large metro areas (and *their* cities proper, too). Our suburban areas (minus a few locations like Old Town Alexandria and Bethesda) are curiously deprived of a lot of stuff.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Bradley View Post
In the DC area, sometimes you have to go all the way into the city proper for businesses that you'd find locations of in the suburbs of other large metro areas (and *their* cities proper, too). Our suburban areas (minus a few locations like Old Town Alexandria and Bethesda) are curiously deprived of a lot of stuff.
maybe we need to see if we can fix that

Old 06-27-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpktch View Post
maybe we need to see if we can fix that
I'm game!!

(On a related note, I was saddened to see that Fairfax City's wonderful Sweetest Chef coffee shop/café (whose owner was an actual culinary school grad and made awesome salads, sandwiches, and treats) has just closed, but I still think things are improving overall, in spite of small setbacks like that one. )

Old 06-27-2011, 03:40 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,290,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Bradley View Post
Well, I suspect (though I don't have time to go hunting through the Code) that if there aren't any wine-and-paint places in Northern Virginia, it is probably due to something in the alcohol laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia