U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 04:13 PM

30 posts, read 72,022 times

Advertisements

Any good recommendations for boarding kennels in Loudoun County (Leesburg/Round Hill/Purcellville/Lovettsville) would be greatly appreciated. Can't use a house sitter since we will be in a hotel until we close on our house. I'm considering staying in a hotel that is pet friendly, but keeping my options open.

We did use a kennel many years ago, I think outside of Winchester, but can't remember the name of it. So I am willing to travel a little to find a good, reasonably priced place.

And if you know any you wouldn't take your furbaby to, I would appreciate hearing about those too. Sometimes it helps to weed out the bad.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 06:26 PM

7,926 posts, read 9,639,531 times
While I normally have a pet sitter come in (much cheaper for four dogs), I have used Old Mill (Leesburg) in the past (about 5 years ago). The facility seemed clean, and the people seemed to like the dogs.

Last year, when we were moving, we put all four out at Blue Ribbon Acres in Lovettesville. All dogs were really happy (and tired from playing) when we picked them up. Jennifer actually also offers pick up and drop off services, which was really handy.

Old Mill

Blue Ribbon Acres, Luxury Dog Care and Spa, Lovettesville, VA

Old 06-28-2011, 06:40 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,501,742 times
It might be too far for you depending on where in Loudon you are in but Greenbriar Pet Resort is great. I always felt very comfortable leaving my dog there.

Greenbriar Pet Resort

Old 06-28-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
While I normally have a pet sitter come in (much cheaper for four dogs), I have used Old Mill (Leesburg) in the past (about 5 years ago). The facility seemed clean, and the people seemed to like the dogs.

Last year, when we were moving, we put all four out at Blue Ribbon Acres in Lovettesville. All dogs were really happy (and tired from playing) when we picked them up. Jennifer actually also offers pick up and drop off services, which was really handy.

Old Mill

Blue Ribbon Acres, Luxury Dog Care and Spa, Lovettesville, VA
Thanks for the links. Both look great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth98 View Post
It might be too far for you depending on where in Loudon you are in but Greenbriar Pet Resort is great. I always felt very comfortable leaving my dog there.

Greenbriar Pet Resort
Thank you for the link, might be worth the trip since they seem to be less expensive.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:31 AM

267 posts, read 440,686 times
I've used the Pender Pet Retreat for 2+ years, no complaints so far. I think its technically in Fairfax County but its right on the Loudoun border in Chantilly.

Pender's Pet Retreat at Dulles Gateway Kennels, an animal care center and home-away-from-home for your companion animal

Old 06-29-2011, 10:37 AM

3,029 posts, read 10,641,584 times
We used VIP in Lovettesville when we livedthere. Big Kennels, indoor play areas and outdoor play areas.
Great people and it was very reasonable priced for the all the amenites.
http://www.vipboarding.com/

Old 06-29-2011, 10:54 AM

1,148 posts, read 3,362,541 times
We have used Old Mill on a few occasions. It was good but our dog got really stressed out and barked so much she had a raspy barking voice for a long time. Their facilities were clean and Timmie (Timmy?) is really nice.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:41 PM

3,883 posts, read 5,335,434 times
I'll second Old Mill -- we used them for many years and never had a single problem. And we had a totally nervous dog that had to have "sensitive stomach" food, medication etc.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHokie View Post
I've used the Pender Pet Retreat for 2+ years, no complaints so far. I think its technically in Fairfax County but its right on the Loudoun border in Chantilly.

Pender's Pet Retreat at Dulles Gateway Kennels, an animal care center and home-away-from-home for your companion animal
Thank you, I'll look into them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
We used VIP in Lovettesville when we livedthere. Big Kennels, indoor play areas and outdoor play areas.
Great people and it was very reasonable priced for the all the amenites.
http://www.vipboarding.com/
Thank you, this is one I was already looking into. Good to hear good things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroExpat View Post
We have used Old Mill on a few occasions. It was good but our dog got really stressed out and barked so much she had a raspy barking voice for a long time. Their facilities were clean and Timmie (Timmy?) is really nice.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Your dog would love the kennel we currently use. I think the owner is a dog whisperer, she can walk into the kennel area, all 20-30 dogs will start barking and all she has to do is say "Come on guys" and they go quiet. It's amazing to see in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
I'll second Old Mill -- we used them for many years and never had a single problem. And we had a totally nervous dog that had to have "sensitive stomach" food, medication etc.
Thanks, guess I need to really look into Old Mill with 3 recommendations.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:14 AM

446 posts, read 1,000,039 times
Now 4............for Old Mill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or