U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 05:05 PM

8,558 posts, read 12,640,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie5v View Post
Doesn't pay much, but the public schools in all the counties around here have great benefits. They don't need many school nurses, but always need teacher aides. And bus drivers, which someone mentioned already.
*START RANT* Don't get me started on the "not nurses" (as I call them) that they have at the elementary schools in Fairfax County. My children are instructed to never go down to the "clinic" unless they are very, very sick. I got called from the "not nurse" to come pick up my child because she had a rash on her legs which was eczema. After my insistance that it was eczema and is recognizable as such by most of the lay population let alone someone who should have some medical training, and talking to the assistant principal, I finally convinced them I did not need to pick her up and bring her to the doctor to get a note.

I also got called twice when same daughter had red eyes from allergies (aide thought it was pink eye). She let it slide the first time when I insisted that she did not have pink eye (my daughter has had pink eye a lot so I know how goopy her eye gets). But the second call necessitated a trip to the doctor's and a $25 co-pay for the nurse practitioner to confirm that it was, in fact, allergies. (Nurse practitioner also complained how bad it was that the schools send them home and require notes for trivial things). Ugh. Sad that such a "great school district" that is the 12th largest in the nation cannot afford nurses for their students. *END RANT*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 07:23 AM

1,256 posts, read 3,520,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
WOW! And I thought the federal workers had the cadillac benefits. I wish I was in IT.
Hmmm...I =am= in "IT" and wouldn't mind Yet Another Lead on contracting companies (albeit my spouse works for FCPS so already has the dyn-o-mite bennies).

Old 07-10-2011, 08:11 AM

2,688 posts, read 5,954,984 times
You could check the private schools for nurse job openings. The ones my children attended each had a full-time professional nurse.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:24 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,080,958 times
My company is always hiring. But they're located in Chantilly. They have free health benefits for everyone in the company The care they go with is United Healthcare, and it's no cost to the employees. Same w/ Dental I believe. Here is our website: The Great Courses

If you need any more info I can let you know. Good luck!

Old 07-15-2011, 04:38 PM

143 posts, read 291,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlecrazy View Post
My company is always hiring. But they're located in Chantilly. They have free health benefits for everyone in the company The care they go with is United Healthcare, and it's no cost to the employees. Same w/ Dental I believe. Here is our website: The Great Courses

If you need any more info I can let you know. Good luck!
Sounds like an interesting company. What do you do there? There seem to be a lot of academic-type positions, and I am not sure I would qualify for them.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:43 PM

467 posts, read 1,335,501 times
Try an insurance company nurse line.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:57 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,080,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekkota View Post
Sounds like an interesting company. What do you do there? There seem to be a lot of academic-type positions, and I am not sure I would qualify for them.
Wow sorry I missed this message! I am the receptionist there. We have a lot of in-house openings like freelance work, customer service reps (inbound calls only), managerial positions, marketing, design, shipping/receiving positions... you name it. Research, etc. We have an Admin position now that does mostly paperwork (i am in the admin. area too). If you are interested I could give you a list of the current openings. Usually the notices we get are more thorough than the ones on the internet. I'll DM you this message too

Old 07-25-2011, 10:28 PM

143 posts, read 291,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlecrazy View Post
Wow sorry I missed this message! I am the receptionist there. We have a lot of in-house openings like freelance work, customer service reps (inbound calls only), managerial positions, marketing, design, shipping/receiving positions... you name it. Research, etc. We have an Admin position now that does mostly paperwork (i am in the admin. area too). If you are interested I could give you a list of the current openings. Usually the notices we get are more thorough than the ones on the internet. I'll DM you this message too
Thanks, beatlecrazy. I sent you a DM, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia