U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 08:15 AM

427 posts, read 935,582 times

Advertisements

If you are not yet single again, you have not met me yet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 08:55 AM

5,738 posts, read 8,941,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoxing View Post
If you are not yet a Mormon, there's a great singles group in Crystal City.
"Hi, everybody! I'm not a Mormon myself yet, but if any of you single hotties want to marry me, I just might convert!"

I wonder if Mormons would be offended by this or if they'd welcome a potential convert despite his/her ulterior motives. (The ones I've met all seem pretty hard to offend, actually.)

Old 09-02-2011, 09:01 AM

8,772 posts, read 10,676,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
"Hi, everybody! I'm not a Mormon myself yet, but if any of you single hotties want to marry me, I just might convert!"

I wonder if Mormons would be offended by this or if they'd welcome a potential convert despite his/her ulterior motives. (The ones I've met all seem pretty hard to offend, actually.)
someone who is not yet polygamous has to be not yet a member of one of the breakaway LDS groups, rather than not yet a member of the mainstream LDS. Or something like that.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:51 PM

19,183 posts, read 28,328,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoxing View Post
If you are not yet a Mormon, there's a great singles group in Crystal City.
If you are not yet an atheist, what the heck is taking you so long?

Old 09-02-2011, 06:30 PM

8,555 posts, read 12,620,837 times
And now back on topic: Caffe Amouri is a coffee shop with music: Music | Caffe Amouri

And the Soundry is an artsy type place: The Soundry |

Old 09-03-2011, 03:35 AM

19,183 posts, read 28,328,017 times
Caffe Amouri roasts and serves some of the best coffees available anywhere in the DC area regardless of what your age is. If the coffehouse vibe appeals to you at all, this would be the place to go...

Old 09-03-2011, 09:41 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,502,167 times
Jammin Java is definitely a highlight, the crowd can vary a bit so check it out more than once if you aren't a fan the first time. There are a lot of co-ed sport leagues aimed at 20-somethings. If you enjoy playing a sport that might be a good option. Check on craigslist for teams looking for players.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:00 PM

12 posts, read 18,089 times
Okay I live in Vienna too........ I am twenty something.... I am not that outgoing I can't just go to bar and meet ppl. Is that what you are looking for? just going to bar and meet ppl?
Jamin Java is for teenagers .. I don't really like it. Yeah there are some bars in Tysons area, but ther are more to choose from in Arlington. Go to Rosslyn/Crystal City/Shirlington. If you do not have any friends at all and just need to meet new friends ..........join www.meetup.com have you heard of it? it's a free thing. you just join the site and there you will look up for "groups" of your interstse in your case would be " new friends" .... I belong to some groups. I highly recommend that site. Good Luck !!!!!!!!!1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia