U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 03:18 AM

786 posts, read 4,314,654 times

Advertisements

I have noticed an incredible change to the demographics of Northern VA just in the last few years. This information is not indicated in the 2000 census. Even since the 2005 CENSUS ESTIMATES people of a variety of minority groups have moved into the area. The schools are really seeing this change far earlier than the census.

I think the number of Hispanic Immigrants (illegal, who knows???), that I see hanging out on Little River Turnpike in Annandale, waiting for jobs is shocking. I work at one of the largest employers in the area and we are minority majority now. This has happened all in the last few years. There is a White Flight.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:57 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,037,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I have noticed an incredible change to the demographics of Northern VA just in the last few years. This information is not indicated in the 2000 census. Even since the 2005 CENSUS ESTIMATES people of a variety of minority groups have moved into the area. The schools are really seeing this change far earlier than the census.

I think the number of Hispanic Immigrants (illegal, who knows???), that I see hanging out on Little River Turnpike in Annandale, waiting for jobs is shocking. I work at one of the largest employers in the area and we are minority majority now. This has happened all in the last few years. There is a White Flight.
So you're saying that the Census, data collected impartially and with statistical guidelines, is wrong simply because you feel claustrophobic in shopping malls?

There is no white flight. And why do you try to call every immigrant illegal in every thread you write? That's pretty racist.
Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or