U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 11:19 AM

1,442 posts, read 2,612,911 times

Advertisements

Hey friends, I am just so excited I cannot hold myself from posting. I am a month away from closing on my first place at Stratford Club in Leesburg! I had not really considered Leesburg but after visting quite a bit over the last couple of months it seems like a cool place to live. Anyone on the board live in Leesburg? if so how do you like living there? I found that I could get a newer condo with nice finishes vs. an 80's condo that needed some updateing here in Fairfax county and its still not far from my work. Any advice or suggestions or what to check out in Leesburg is welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 12:42 PM

396 posts, read 464,738 times
Congratulations on your new place!

I have spent considerable time in Leesburg, and in Western Loudoun county as a whole. So you are off of Sycolin outside of the 7/15 bybass? I consider that more the outskirts of Leesburg than Leesburg proper. Some parts of that are OK to me, but for me personally the only way I would live in Leesburg is if I lived inside of Catoctin Circle in most places. I like the old historic down town, and the walkability of that area. Most of what is outside of that area, to me at least, is newer, and parts of it resemble more ashburn than Leesburg, especially once you get out past the Leesburg Bypass on the east/ southeast side. I'm not a new constructionophile, so living in older, even historic houses / buildings suits me just fine. You will have to drive into downtown / old town Leesburg from where you are, and I don't think much is walkable from there.

That said, you are still in Leesburg, so I I think you will be happy there. The above is just me personally and I'm sure there are plenty out there who prefer newer places etc. Definitely check out Market station which is on Loudoun Street SE between Church and Harrison streets southeast. Tuscarora Mill is there, along with a few other places to dine, including Fireworks Pizza which I loved. Definitely take some time to walk in the down town historic district as well. If you are into biking as well don't forget the W&OD Trail goes through Leesburg. A nice ride for a day is to ride out to Purcellville and back. It's about 16 miles round trip.

I'm sure others will chime in with other things to do and see as well. Enjoy your new place and Leesburg! I think Leesburg is a great choice!

Old 10-09-2011, 03:51 PM

560 posts, read 588,724 times
Congratulations!

Old 10-09-2011, 07:17 PM

15,400 posts, read 17,891,885 times
Congratulations! Wonderful news. I love Leesburg.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:16 PM

469 posts, read 522,352 times
Leesburg has a Super Target and outlets! WOOHOO!
Have fun decorating your new place!

Old 10-10-2011, 07:46 AM

18,717 posts, read 15,315,058 times
Leesburg is great. It's centrally located to a lot of the best things to do out in the countryside, yet not that far from DC. Congratulations. Be sure to check out some of the local wineries when the leaves turn.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:25 AM

4,234 posts, read 3,932,491 times
Congrats! My wife loves the outlets in Leesburg. (She's there right now, in fact.)

Old 10-10-2011, 09:48 AM

154 posts, read 225,543 times
Congrats - great place! We just bought a home near there about 6 months ago and love it!

Old 10-10-2011, 09:35 PM

9,363 posts, read 15,733,454 times
I hope that you enjoy your new home in Leesburg, though the odds are stacked in your favor since it's a very nice area. Congratulations!

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 10-11-2011, 06:57 AM

2,439 posts, read 3,763,790 times
Congrats on your 1st place. That's a big accomplishment and hopefully you enjoy your stay in Leesburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia