U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 08:51 PM

982 posts, read 3,108,336 times

Advertisements

I probably shouldn't be doing this because I am an agent...which puts me in a position of influence...but at the end of the day I'm still a person and I care about other people. I wish someone had warned me about it before I lived there. This complex is under new management....but be careful. If you move to Manassas, do your homework before going to Chatsworth Park.

I needed temporary housing after moving to this side of the county from Woodbridge. I chose to live at Chatsworth because they were more expensive than any of the other apartments in the area. I figured if I paid more, I would have to deal with issues I'd heard about in some of the more affordable apartment complexes. They're touted as "luxury apartments"...but many of them are rented to lower income families who get housing vouchers. Nothing against people who don't make a lot of money, but in my experience, the less a person has to contribute of their own money, the less likely they are to care about whatever it is they're paying for.

The positives about Chatsworth are that the buildings are secure and the building I lived in was roach free. The negatives were that most of the kids knew the security code that only the staff should have known...it allows access to every building. While I lived there, the kids would go around breaking the glass doors to the buildings, cars were vandalized....lots of fighting...one family was evicted because their teen daughters faught on the bus a lot. One day mom and dad got involved and beat up some teens on the bus after school. There are stray animals all over. Everytime I went to take my trash out, stray cats darted out of the trash bin....it sounds silly but it's scary to have something come out at you that quick, especially in the dark. And the biggest negative is that the complex is next to train tracks and freight trains rolled through every night.

These may seem like trivial things...but when you're paying that much to live in an apartment, you don't expect those kinds of things to happen. I would think that management would want to keep people happy and decrease their turnover, but that wasn't the case. In spite of my complaints, the kids kept breaking the doors, vandalizing cars, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 10:22 AM

555 posts, read 2,438,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knopfler View Post
Grammar, even.

Sorry, couldn't resist. And no, I'm not of the opinion that we don't have any illegal aliens in PWC, or that the various censuses completely and accurately report all of our populations. I'm a little confused as to why lyn2shoes lumped me in with the post about folks not in favor of illegal immigrants being allowed to stay in the US being by default racist. Certainly, some are - but I would never make the statement that that position means the person is a racist. Eek.

Can we get back to helping people make good NoVA decisions, now? *grin*
Give me a break, it was late at night and i just took my Ambien because i had court early the next moring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or