Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 02:53 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times

Advertisements

I've never seen nor heard of your place. Location can mean a lot when it comes to a business. But like others have said. I too am tired of all the similar type restaurants in the area to include Asian restaurants. The Asian restaurants I frequent will not make the foods spicy as they are advertised in their menus. We definitely need some good steak houses and restaurants such as Coastal Flatts etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 03:27 PM

2,765 posts, read 8,325,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
I've never seen nor heard of your place. Location can mean a lot when it comes to a business. But like others have said. I too am tired of all the similar type restaurants in the area to include Asian restaurants. The Asian restaurants I frequent will not make the foods spicy as they are advertised in their menus. We definitely need some good steak houses and restaurants such as Coastal Flatts etc.
We also need some good 'ol american hole in the wall type places around here who serve good food... I bet there out there, just don't know about them.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:03 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,610,522 times
Kabobs. Kabobs. Kabobs.
Just had to put that out there.

Anyway, if you intend to stay in business, you either need to move and/or really set yourself apart from the other 10 or so Asian restaurants in the Gainesville/Bristow area. I'm sure there's even more in Haymarket. You need to be in a location that gets traffic. We could use a good Asian buffet. Wegmans Asian food bar is about $8 a pound and people flock to that like crazy.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:33 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times
The Asian food in Wegman's sucks big time. Not even close to being good IMO. People may buy it as a matter of convenience.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:05 PM

10 posts, read 11,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben 'n Jen View Post
This isn't a kabob post folks. Let's get back on topic.....

Original poster, here are my answers to your questions....

We eat out about once/week. Rarely do we order take out or delivery. If I'm going to eat at home, I'll cook it at home.

The economy doesn't have an effect on our dining choices. I'll skip a movie or a round of golf before I skip a night out with my family at a nice dinner.

When we do eat out, we look for good food, period. Good food will bring people back over and over...however, you're location is not what I would consider a high-traffic place. I've never seen your restaurant even though I drive Hwy 55 every other day.

I have an affection for Asian food and sushi especially after living in Hawaii for many years. You need to make yourself distinct from all the other Asian and sushi places in the Gainesville/Haymarket area. They all serve the same dishes and they all have average sushi. I'd recommend you go to some of their restaurants and try their food as a customer.

I'll make a trip to see you this weekend and give you a try.

Ben
Thanks for your reply, Ben. I agree with your point about making distinction from other competitors. if you ever visit my place, do let me know how you like to food. All Opinions welcome!!!

Old 11-04-2011, 07:38 PM

10 posts, read 11,560 times
Hi, all. Thank you for all your replies. I really appreciate them. All Opinions and inputs are welcome...

I would like to clarify one thing. We serve Asian Grill Steak, (like Hibachi) and Sushi, which is different from traditional Chinese...

Old 11-04-2011, 07:38 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,487,576 times
Have you thought about relocating to the VA gateway? Problem is there's already like 2 chinese restos there, the pei wei and the China Jade so you won't exactly be the only choice

Old 11-04-2011, 08:22 PM

2,612 posts, read 5,583,639 times
We love Asian food and have been looking for decent restaurants in Gainesville for a while. Never seen or heard of yours although we are often right in that area. If the food is really good and decently priced, then you need to get the word out. We usually try to use various iphone apps for finding restaurants near us. Maybe you could focus on getting yourself some google reviews or similar. Also, there is a huge retirement community right down the street full of little old ladies looking for places to have lunch with their friends. Maybe you could consider some targeted advertising in Heritage Hunt - a coupon or groupon or something.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:01 PM

53 posts, read 99,435 times
When Zed's was there we gave up trying to find it on more than one occasion and settled on eating someplace else since it is not visible from the main road. We only found Zed's after carefully reading their instructions on how to find the restaurant and only ate there once (not close enough to where we live to stop by regularly and they had shut down by the time we made another effort to go; we enjoyed the food, though).

One thing that I loved about the San Jose, CA area when visiting was the plethora of fresh fruit juice bars (mostly targeting Asian customers). Not sure why this hasn't caught on in NoVA since I see many clusters of Asian businesses around (unless I've overlooked something). Also, where's Western PWC restaurants for French/German/Moroccan cuisines (oh how I miss Chez Marc). Finally, with all of the excess of deer running amuck, any restaurants serving up venison/wild game?

Last edited by Bull Run Paradise; 11-04-2011 at 09:30 PM..

Old 11-04-2011, 09:34 PM

26 posts, read 66,067 times
I have had many take outs from Seasons and based on my experience here's my two cents.
First of all as many posters pointed out your location is awful. Second, there's lack of consistency in taste of your food, it tastes different literally every time we go. To be honest only reason why we went back to Seasons is not cause we loved your food but rather because we didn't like our other choices such as pizza/Chinese/fast-food. Not to say the food was awful I don't love it but it's okay.
Third, your prices are high compared to your portions IMO. I have young son who's very petite, not much of a eater but I have to order the dinner box just for him to eat.
Lastly, you guys screw up taking orders all the time. Out of dozen time we went, 80% of the times I got wrong food. We end up just eating it since we didn't want the hassle of calling, waiting, ect...
Trying to write on iPhone stinks
I hope you know I don't have any ill intentions. I thought I'd be helping by being very honest. Please take what you can from this post and hope your business booms!

Last edited by RedViolin; 11-04-2011 at 09:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia