Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 08:42 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,026,907 times

Advertisements

1) Can anyone rec a temp agency in FFX Co, preferably in/near Vienna?

2) Know of any headhunters in the area who will help job-search for a fee?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 03:12 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,303,053 times
OfficeTeam (Robert Half)
1751 Pinnacle Dr., Suite 600 - Tysons Corner
703-760-0400

Old 11-21-2011, 06:27 AM

Thank you!
Any other opinions from anyone?

Old 11-21-2011, 06:34 AM

4,420 posts, read 8,106,129 times
I wasn't aware that head hunters charged you to find them a job. I thought they were paid a placement fee by the employer or you are contracted to the employer through the head hunter. So the employer hires you from the head hunter. Pays the head hunter. Head hunter takes a percentage and pays you directly. That way you aren't working for the employer directly. It allows the employer to get rid of you easily if things don't work out.

If you haven't already done so, get your resume to the big job sites like monster, indeed, career builder etc. Head hunters will find you.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
If you haven't already done so, get your resume to the big job sites like monster, indeed, career builder etc. Head hunters will find you.
Due to my need for a very flexible schedule (as I have kids who are in/out of school at various times during the day / school year), I am only looking for temporary assignments. It is my understanding that the sites you mentioned are for permanent employment?

Old 11-21-2011, 02:44 PM

477 posts, read 735,944 times
What is the nature of your work, if I may ask?

Even perm. positions can be flexible w.r.t timings. (Most of the big companies advertise or have a policy for flexible work arrangements, so that should not be an impediment)

There shouldn't be a recruiter that charges you fee for placement (unless you are greasing their hands to get a job I am sure which is not the case )

If you find an agency that charges a fee, safely kick them and move on.

I would start from indeed.com, pick a job that suits your profile and dial the recruiter. Recruiters can talk to the hiring to manager and find out about your flexible arrangements. It happens all the time you're not alone

Good luck

Old 11-21-2011, 03:04 PM

4,898 posts, read 7,427,499 times
My daughter had a great experience with Kelly Temps. I think she went to the Reston office but they're all over the place. Led to a full time job. Good luck.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:38 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,303,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Due to my need for a very flexible schedule (as I have kids who are in/out of school at various times during the day / school year), I am only looking for temporary assignments. It is my understanding that the sites you mentioned are for permanent employment?
Then OfficeTeam can definitely help you. I worked with them for several months (out of the Herndon office, but I did get two assignments from the Tysons office when they needed someone quickly and Herndon didn't have anything for me).

I started out on one-day only assignments, usually filling in for long-term temps who'd called in sick (reception jobs), then they hooked me up with a part-time gig that was for x hours of week, and the work wasn't time-sensitive or customer-related, so I could come in whenever the supervisor was in the office. That lasted several months, until the work was finished.

Most people who use OfficeTeam are looking for temp-to-hire, and aren't interested in the one-day, two-day gigs. Bonus: lower expectations (the one-day jobs had well-documented procedures manuals, although I'm sure that's not true everywhere).

Old 11-21-2011, 05:56 PM

I want to thank you all for your kind and helpful advice. I know have several options to explore.
=)

Old 11-21-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechRider View Post
There shouldn't be a recruiter that charges you fee for placement (unless you are greasing their hands to get a job I am sure which is not the case )

I didn't realize this, but thanks for that! Now I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia