U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 10:19 AM

5,070 posts, read 8,605,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Ignorance is bliss. To be honest I rarely have reason to venture over there or anywhere else West of Route 1 South of the Beltway.
Got it. I guess those who tend to travel different routes can also have their big box needs, such as they are, readily met at Potomac Yards, which is east of Route 1 and north of the Beltway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 11:27 AM

14,131 posts, read 26,983,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB77 View Post
Got it. I guess those who tend to travel different routes can also have their big box needs, such as they are, readily met at Potomac Yards, which is east of Route 1 and north of the Beltway.
That is correct. Bought a new TV there just a few days ago. Would be really great if they put a Wegmans around there as well.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:33 PM

1 posts, read 706 times
Default So what did you choose?

I'm new, this is my first post, hope I am doing this right.....I am wondering what schools/area RangerSpouse ended up choosing? We are looking at orders to Ft. Belvoir and I have kids that will need Elem, Middle, and High school. I am struggling with where to live and where to have them go to school. I am wondering what came of your choices, are you there yet? Kids in school? What do you think of the schools? We'd like to live on base if possible but the schools that the base is zoned for make me nervous (we will be coming from DoD schools in Japan, there is less than 300 kids in K-6th, its small!) Thanks

Old 02-20-2013, 01:18 PM

48 posts, read 44,078 times
I rarely visit here and just stumbled upon the thread. I live a couple blocks from West Potomoac and have neighbors who commute to Belvoir and back via GW Parkway. I'm not sure where WestPo ranks in Ffx Co., but we were pretty happy with Belleview Elementary, Carl Sandburg Middle and West Potomac. Out daughter did a lot of APclasses and has done very well in college, if that says anything about the ability of Fairfax schools to prepare her.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:15 PM

14,131 posts, read 26,983,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcknigs View Post
I rarely visit here and just stumbled upon the thread. I live a couple blocks from West Potomoac and have neighbors who commute to Belvoir and back via GW Parkway. I'm not sure where WestPo ranks in Ffx Co., but we were pretty happy with Belleview Elementary, Carl Sandburg Middle and West Potomac. Out daughter did a lot of APclasses and has done very well in college, if that says anything about the ability of Fairfax schools to prepare her.
Yes, that's what I hear from nearly everyone who've actually sent kids there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia