U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-01-2011, 06:29 PM

221 posts, read 219,175 times
If you can get into Navy Federal because you are x-military or have a friend/family member that can get you in - I'd join. They've got the stability of being a credit union and they are expanding their business tremendously, not to mention they usually have the best rates. As far as technology, banks usually always win over credit unions and smaller banks. They're typically more savy and have the funds to invest and keep up to date with technology. Navy Federal does have online and mobile banking, but it's still behind what some of the stuff BoA and Wells have done. I'd get the hell out of Citi though - their risk is a lot different because they are a more global company, which is effected by global conditions. They're really just too big. Check out United Bank - lots of branches in NOVA - and Navy Federal if you can get in.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 10:33 PM

837 posts, read 758,132 times
Not sure which city you're in, but for easy-to-use online billpay, I can recommend Wells Fargo and Middleburg Bank. If you want a local community bank or credit union, there's none better than Middleburg.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:52 AM

380 posts, read 364,638 times
If you are looking for an online bill payment system. Go to MyCheckFree.com it is the same system that Navy Federal Currently uses. I had originally used MyCheckFree and decided to switch of Navy Federal's system. During the enrollment process I noticed that the interface was the exact same as what I was currently using so I stayed put.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:01 PM

3,105 posts, read 1,934,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechRider View Post
oh..well..I just noticed on NWFCU that they are about to introduce new account management, bill pay options in 2012.
Where are their locations within Fairfax County, if any? I tried to check their website but it isn't working, atm.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:52 AM

513 posts, read 343,160 times
Western Federal Credit Union. One in Tysons and one in Chantilly. Great car loan rates and attractive female employees.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:28 AM

3,236 posts, read 4,676,800 times
Just an FYI re Navy Fed Credit Union-- a huge expansion will be completed in Winchester, under the VA Jobs Investment Program, adding 400 jobs, and becoming a major employer in the community. I heard about this while:

Navy Federal Credit Union Expands Its Winchester, Virginia, Operation Center, adding 400 Jobs | Area Development Online

This is great for our town! I heard about this from some local gossip (a restaurant owner gave me the scoop!). I am with a different federal credit union now but am considering moving over to Navy Federal if I can.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:02 AM

5,624 posts, read 5,421,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Jersey Styx View Post
Just an FYI re Navy Fed Credit Union-- a huge expansion will be completed in Winchester, under the VA Jobs Investment Program, adding 400 jobs, and becoming a major employer in the community. I heard about this while:

Navy Federal Credit Union Expands Its Winchester, Virginia, Operation Center, adding 400 Jobs | Area Development Online

This is great for our town! I heard about this from some local gossip (a restaurant owner gave me the scoop!). I am with a different federal credit union now but am considering moving over to Navy Federal if I can.
Very cool! I bet they're a great company to work for. I've almost always had a good experience dealing with them. If anyone in your family is military or ever was or is DOD then they can join, and then you can join off them.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:27 AM

154 posts, read 202,310 times
We moved from Citibank/BofA to NWFCU several months ago and have never looked back. My husband uses their online billpay function regularly and has not had an issue setting up the payees. Their customer service at their branches is second-to-none. I would highly recommend them. I have not banked with Navy Federal though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia