U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 10:05 AM

28 posts, read 47,878 times

Advertisements

We moved to Falls Church City last Spring and have loved the small, excellent schools for our three kids, the small town feel (people really tend to know one another and take care of one another) and the fact that there are many stretches of time where our cars stay parked. The schools are close, I walk to doctors appointments, dry cleaners, restaurants, etc... We are in a townhouse, but I think that if you watch carefully, you can find decent home in the $600K range. One note: my search criteria was "Mason, Henderson" because that pulled up homes districted for the Falls Church City public schools. Only, now I am realizing that I was missing out on some of the FCC homes because the realtor had not entered the names of the schools into the MLS. Unbelievable! The reason why most people move to FCC is for the schools and that most important detail is left out? Also, I found that the most comprehensive home search tool in the NOVA region is through Frankly Realty. That site has more and more accurate information than any other I found. I hope you find what you are looking for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 03:01 PM

137 posts, read 200,310 times
Guys, I want to throw in another question sorry don't mean to divert the thread.

I am from the East Bay area too. Renting at the moment a 2 bedroom 980 sq foot apartment for 1800. We are a young-ish couple looking to settle down and are on one salary.

I know this question is very subjective AND there are many COL calculators out there however, I wanted to know what is a decent wage working in McLean and no idea where I would rent/buy.

Very early stages of job interview however, I don't want to waste my time going through the interview process only to find the pay is a no go.

To give you an idea - no kids, looking to have one soon-ish, one salary (120k) with over 8-9 years post graduate experience. Banking/Financial industry.

Thanks!!

Last edited by westcoastbound1; 01-07-2012 at 03:09 PM..

Old 09-27-2013, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 939 times
I am new in town and would like to find houses in the surburbs close to Washington DC as I work in the NW area. I have two school going age, 15years and 8years and I would like to have good schools for them in the DC area but I prefer Virginia, Falls Church, Vienna or Mclean,VA. My budget is not too much as I would like to pay up to $2,500 per month on rent at the most. I am also wishing to rent a home in an area nearer to Metro.
Based on the above , can anybody proffer advise on which neighborhood would mostly fit my needs and budget.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:25 PM

5,071 posts, read 8,622,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kconateh View Post
I am new in town and would like to find houses in the surburbs close to Washington DC as I work in the NW area. I have two school going age, 15years and 8years and I would like to have good schools for them in the DC area but I prefer Virginia, Falls Church, Vienna or Mclean,VA. My budget is not too much as I would like to pay up to $2,500 per month on rent at the most. I am also wishing to rent a home in an area nearer to Metro.
Based on the above , can anybody proffer advise on which neighborhood would mostly fit my needs and budget.
I'd be looking in Vienna near either the Dunn Loring or Vienna Metro stations - Vienna Woods, Dunn Loring Woods and Stonewall Manor are three neighborhoods where you might find some SFHs for rent in that price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia