U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 10:14 AM

6,591 posts, read 10,904,988 times

Advertisements

This might interest the Manassas folks. I needed something (car wash brush) and couldn't find it anywhere so I wound up going to this Wal Mart as I had to pass it anyway. I haven't been here for months, well before the construction started as I just plain hate Wal Mart and this one always sucked. Dirty, cluttered, crappy workers and strange customers. Ok the strange part is for every Wal Mart.
Well I had to say I was impressed by what I saw. I still don't care for Wal Mart but this place was clean and more importantly, not crowded at all. The employee issue may or may not be any better but overall I was impressed. The store seems a little dark but that may be the "Green" factor as they had a bunch of sky lights as well as regular lighting.
It will likely be months before I go back again but at least there is some improvement here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 10:31 AM

2,879 posts, read 6,840,631 times
Foot, I was in that exact WM earlier in the week and they were doing a good job. I've heard good reviews on the pharmacy and I was quickly assisted in electronics, but didn't find exactly what I needed. Never seen any loitering going on over there.....

Old 01-05-2012, 11:24 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,086,952 times
I prefer going to the one on Liberia, but even going to Wal Mart for me too is a rare occurrence. I hate the super Wal Mart in the Manassas Mall. I'll refuse to go there.
But at least the one on Liberia fixed up its image a little.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:25 AM

10,606 posts, read 12,148,952 times
We have the two Wal-Marts in the Woodbridge area--one by the mall (seedy, dumpy, gloomy and a mess) and one in Dumfries down by Potomac High School (bright, clean, organized, and the staff is helpful). It's amazing how different they can be.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:42 PM

267 posts, read 442,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
This might interest the Manassas folks. I needed something (car wash brush) and couldn't find it anywhere so I wound up going to this Wal Mart as I had to pass it anyway. I haven't been here for months, well before the construction started as I just plain hate Wal Mart and this one always sucked. Dirty, cluttered, crappy workers and strange customers. Ok the strange part is for every Wal Mart.
Well I had to say I was impressed by what I saw. I still don't care for Wal Mart but this place was clean and more importantly, not crowded at all. The employee issue may or may not be any better but overall I was impressed. The store seems a little dark but that may be the "Green" factor as they had a bunch of sky lights as well as regular lighting.
It will likely be months before I go back again but at least there is some improvement here.
That doesn't surprise me, Liberia Ave isn't exactly the good part of town. I'm glad they fixed it up, but I wouldn't expect it to stay nice very long.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:13 PM

3,552 posts, read 5,563,906 times
the one thing I don't like about that particular wal mart is that there's only one way in and out of the parking lot and everybody gets funneled through that one way out

Old 01-05-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
the one thing I don't like about that particular wal mart is that there's only one way in and out of the parking lot and everybody gets funneled through that one way out

Actually two ways. You can go behind the store and come out at that light.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHokie View Post
That doesn't surprise me, Liberia Ave isn't exactly the good part of town. I'm glad they fixed it up, but I wouldn't expect it to stay nice very long.

What makes you say this? What is wrong with Liberia and the area? Nothing low class or high crime in the Liberia area at all near this Wal Mart.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:24 PM

10,606 posts, read 12,148,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
What makes you say this? What is wrong with Liberia and the area? Nothing low class or high crime in the Liberia area at all near this Wal Mart.

I agree. I thought Liberia had been looking SOOOO much better these days. The one area that looks kind of funky is where that Easterns Auto was/is and that industrial area. It's just an eyesore. But I felt like all the retail stuff was looking good.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I agree. I thought Liberia had been looking SOOOO much better these days. The one area that looks kind of funky is where that Easterns Auto was/is and that industrial area. It's just an eyesore. But I felt like all the retail stuff was looking good.

Yeah and that's all that the area might be, an eyesore at best. On the East side of Liberia at Wal Mart are some nice quiet communities and on the Manassas side is the same. There is an apt complex up a little ways and even this is not a bad area. Not sure where that little bit of false tidbit came from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or