Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 02:01 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,318,969 times

Advertisements

I would think the Nats would welcome any ticket buyers. This is dumb, IMO:

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/phillies/nats-try-to-ban-phillies-fans-from-park#.Tyww-KzuLgI.facebook

The Washington Post says starting today, if you try to buy single-game tickets for the Phillies series in Washington in early May, you must pay with a credit card that is linked to an address in the District Of Columbia, Virginia or Maryland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 10:57 PM

182 posts, read 612,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
I would think the Nats would welcome any ticket buyers. This is dumb, IMO:

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/phillies/nats-try-to-ban-phillies-fans-from-park#.Tyww-KzuLgI.facebook

The Washington Post says starting today, if you try to buy single-game tickets for the Phillies series in Washington in early May, you must pay with a credit card that is linked to an address in the District Of Columbia, Virginia or Maryland.
ahahaha this is kind of hilarious.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:05 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
It's a marketing ploy. Rally the noble home side. Motivate the English-mangling, Cheez Whiz-drooling neanderthals from the north. Ticket sales go up either way. I do like the idea of parking all the Philly buses in Anacostia,though. Might want to put up some post-game "To Philadelphia" traffic signs that put them back on 95 at the Wilson Bridge as well.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:59 PM

34 posts, read 65,372 times
Red Wings for me and I do get some seething stares from bandwagon Caps fans. ....although I am from Michigan, I am not a big fan of UMich, but damn, I see the blue M logo more than any other non-local college here.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:03 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,152,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2C Sunshine View Post
my hubby was obsessed with the capitals!! he took me to a game on one of our first dates and the stadium was so intense, omg. lol caps fans are serious out here!!
I take it that was within the past 4 seasons?

Old 02-07-2012, 04:14 PM

9,777 posts, read 15,788,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
It's a marketing ploy. Rally the noble home side. Motivate the English-mangling, Cheez Whiz-drooling neanderthals from the north. Ticket sales go up either way. I do like the idea of parking all the Philly buses in Anacostia,though. Might want to put up some post-game "To Philadelphia" traffic signs that put them back on 95 at the Wilson Bridge as well.
Hey, I used to like you. For that, I'm going over to the Philly board with an open invitation to use my Vienna address to buy as many Phillies tickets as they would like.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:06 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Hey, I used to like you. For that, I'm going over to the Philly board with an open invitation to use my Vienna address to buy as many Phillies tickets as they would like.
Michgc - I know you were joking but my last visit to Pgh. happened to also be a big weekend of Pirates/Philly - Philly happened to have busloads of young folks at the hotel and although the mgr. tried to be nice, had to call the police on them as they had trashed all the hallways, were diving off their upper decks, etc. into the closed pool, etc. (sorry, just not feelin the love for Philly) - Trying to figure out how to post the edit: We saw lots of Philly fans when we were in town and they were fine, it's just sad that they trashed the hotel.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:48 PM

1,449 posts, read 3,171,342 times
I enjoy the Phillies - Mike Schmidt was my favorite player as a kid and I attended many a Phillies game. Doesn't mean I am a fan of Philly fan behavior as a whole. I vividly remember one time in high school when some jackwad was drunk as a skunk, kept kicking me in the head and then pondered aloud how far it would be to jump from the 700 level to the field at the Vet. I just wanted to say "Go ahead and give it a try - I'm sure you'll be fine"

Not sure I like the Nationals policy, though. I have a feeling they will be opening up tickets later on for everyone.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:12 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
I take it that was within the past 4 seasons?
It certainly wasn't out in Landover back in the 70's.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:17 AM

117 posts, read 233,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm5507 View Post
Go Hokies!!

In terms of baseball, I grew up in northern VA as a Baltimore Orioles fan. When the Nats came to D.C., it bothered me that so many people jumped ship or acted like we finally had a home team.
I don't understand why that would bother you. I was one of those people who followed the Orioles, always hoping that one day baseball would return to DC. Once it did, I didn't even have to think for a moment which team would get my allegiance from here on out. The Orioles were the closest team to NoVA and DC, but they never felt like a home team. The Nats do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia