Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:36 AM

31 posts, read 71,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinDogs74 View Post
I totally agree here. I've lived in this sorry area for a little over two years now and cannot wait to get the H E double hockeysticks out of here.

$978 for a one bedroom apartment (937 sq feet IIRC). Half a mill for a two bedroom.

Compared to where we want to move (where its $400/mth for 3br), this area is ridiculous.

I don't care how much you will be paid, this is such a highly priced and taxed area its pathetic. the traffic is horrendous as well, so many self involved people here who don't know how to drive its idiotic.

I could go on, but then it'd be a novel. I just can't wait to get out of here (moved here to be closer to b/f now fiancee)...
$978 for a 1 bedroom, sounds like Miami,FL where it takes me an hour on th emetro rail to get to my job in the morning and an hour in the afternoon on the train. I think many people live outside their means and let me just say that Miami is the king of that. Here everybody is in debt up to their eyeballs and ever since the reccesion, you see who are the ones who feeling the crunch now. Miami is full of people who have no money because their cars are taking all of it. we are paying $1550 for a 3 bedroom townhouse and making under thirty grand a year each before taxes. With our small income we are still able to go on vacations several times a year and buying clothes and eat well for the 4 of us. The people who complain are the ones like some friends of ours who are always broke because they spend their money on things like DVD's, Giant flat screen t.v's, clubbing, Ed hardy clothes, $45k lexus car payments. We have a paid off vehicle and a new loaded van and we still come out positive every month. The name of the game is "Money Management"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 10:35 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,211,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzgt81 View Post
Ed hardy clothes
Aren't those more Panama City than Miami?

Old 10-25-2010, 10:42 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,913,215 times
LOL, if we're all having sex parties, then clothing doesn't matter anyway.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzgt81 View Post
$978 for a 1 bedroom, sounds like Miami,FL
Cruz, just so you know that post is 4 years old. Rents have gone up since then, so I don't know if that's an accurate 1-BR rent anymore.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:19 AM

4,489 posts, read 10,931,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Cruz, just so you know that post is 4 years old. Rents have gone up since then, so I don't know if that's an accurate 1-BR rent anymore.
Depends where you're looking. In the popular parts of Arlington, you'll need double that. $1800 will get you an apartment in a high rise building off the orange line (but then you'll still have to pay parking and utilities, and you'll only be allowed one car). For an older building in some suburbs outside the beltway, I think $1000 is possible so long as you aren't super picky. 1 brs in my apartment community in Alexandria started at $1400.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:04 PM

219 posts, read 471,524 times
Default Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
LOL, if we're all having sex parties, then clothing doesn't matter anyway.
Eh? What was that?

Old 10-25-2010, 01:28 PM

LOL, you have to go back a few pages to get the sex parties reference. Apparently the kids in Scranton are all having sex parties because their parents commute to NYC, and also apparently everyone in Leesburg commutes to DC (and are just like the people in Scranton), therefore a poster concluded there are all these sex parties going on in Loudoun County!

And I wasn't invited!

Old 09-28-2013, 10:11 PM

2 posts, read 1,621 times
Default interestonlyarm

wish we had stayed in the townhouse in the close in urb, but my "keep up with jones" missus was dead set on buying a big McMansion. the only house we liked was only affordable with interestonlyarm. and she lost her job 5 years ago and decided not to get back into the "rat race". you can imagine the hurt ive been to keep a roof over our head. but I'm finally coming out of it - working two jobs, but managing to work from home several days a week, avoid a good deal if commute and be home for all kids and family activities. but driving a 20 year old car..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia