U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2012, 02:07 PM

251 posts, read 748,015 times

Advertisements

Hi, we'd like to get my 4 year old involved in a spring soccer team. We're technically not in Alexandria city proper so we can't join their leagues. I haven't found a leagues in Fairfax county though, just a club that doesn't have games. We live in Belle Haven. Does anyone know of a league nearby? We are also military if post offers anything. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 02:38 PM

298 posts, read 597,058 times
Where is Belle Haven? Alexandria? Sorry I am not familiar, so I Googled it, and came up with something way far away, so I knew that wasn't right. McLean Youth Soccer and Braddock Road Youth Club come to mind.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:11 PM

628 posts, read 1,726,683 times
Youth soccer clubs generally have no geographic boundaries. You pay, you can play. Maybe the Alexandria league you speak of is a rec dept league and available only to in-city tax payers. There are many clubs in NoVA. Here's a website that lists them: Find a US Youth Soccer Club - US Youth Soccer. For a 4-yr-old the competitiveness of a club is a non-issue, but as your son gets older and perhaps displays talent, you can start searching for the clubs that have levels of competitiveness and training that match your child's ability--and your wallet! Top-flight travel soccer can get expensive, but you can opt for fun play at any age, which doesn't require paid coaches and trainers, uniform fees, tournament fees, and travel expenses.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:18 PM

5,071 posts, read 8,637,365 times
Here's one nearby league - child would need to turn 5 by July, and looks like residents outside the City of Alexandria just have to pay an extra $25. Also looks like regular registration was due by February 2, but perhaps they are taking late registrations.

Alexandria Soccer Association

Also found this site for Lee-Mount Vernon club, in case there's anything of interest there:

http://www.lmvsc.org/index.html

Old 02-07-2012, 10:40 AM

2,688 posts, read 5,961,088 times
Lee-Mount Vernon Soccer is geographically close to Belle Haven and has a four-year-old program (thanks, JEB, for finding the link):

Mini Kickers learn soccer through age appropriate activities - Lee Mount Vernon Sports Club

Old 02-07-2012, 02:08 PM

518 posts, read 784,417 times
Lee Mt. Vernon Soccer Association has been around for a rather long time and is a well run organization. I played with them as a kid. Also, their teams are based on geographic interest, so if a lot of kids in Belle Haven sign up, they create a team in that area.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:29 PM

251 posts, read 748,015 times
I was told that LMV 4 year old don't play games, just do skills/practices. True? -To be fair, I have not called them hey. Will do tomorrow. Yes, the Alex city one was a rec league. He won't be 5 by July. Thanks!

Old 02-09-2012, 05:02 AM

19,183 posts, read 28,376,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyField View Post
Where is Belle Haven? Alexandria? Sorry I am not familiar, so I Googled it, and came up with something way far away, so I knew that wasn't right.
Belle Haven is along Fort Hunt Road east of Route-1 and west of the golf course. More or less extends down to Mount Vernon District Park where the ice rink is. It's a very nice hilly, wooded area.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:40 PM

298 posts, read 597,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Belle Haven is along Fort Hunt Road east of Route-1 and west of the golf course. More or less extends down to Mount Vernon District Park where the ice rink is. It's a very nice hilly, wooded area.
Ah! Thanks! I found it on the map (and needless to say, it's NOT the place that I originally found on Google maps ). It looks like MYS and BRYC are both too far to consider, so my apologies to elacklen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or